Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quick Weekend Preview - Bowl Games

I just realized I probably have to do this preview for the entire weekend as well because I'm not going to get a shot to do it after today. So a brief summary...here we go:

NW-AUB(-8)
3 guys on NW...MR, MK, GR
I love AUB, but that's because I don't think NW is any good. AUB looking to start the train for 2010 and an SEC > B10 pick is easy.

FSU-WV (-3.5)
3 guys on FSU...JR, MH, SS
Honestly, really surpirsed more of us didn't go with Bowden in his last game ever. I mean, come on man! The Noles will win, the points are just a bonus.

LSU-PSU (-2.5)
Parody here...only 4 on PSU: MR, AW, GR, SS
Toughest pick of the whole thing for me. I went LSU with my "never pick against an SEC team in a bowl" logic. I'm not that impressed with what PSU has done against good competition, LSU is battled tested.

OHIOST-ORE (-3.5)
SS on OHIOST...everyone else loves OREGON.
Tried to find a reason to pick tOSU...but couldn't. I don't think I can make that mistake again in a bowl game until they prove that they can actually win one on the big stage.

CIN-FLA (-10.5)
3 on CINCY...JR, AW, GR
Not loving this pick, but it's really tough to figure out who is going to show up for either of these teams. Does FLA start thinking about their future and pull an ALA v. UTAH from LY? Does CIN feel excited to prove a point against the likely #2 team in the nation and prove that they can succeed without their coach? I'm betting on it.

JAN 2nd

NILL-USF(-6)
NILL has 3 fans...MR, GR, MH
I think USF rolls here. Bet on the big conference school over a tiny one with a small spread like this.

UCONN-SC (-6)
UCONN has 3...MR, MK, GR
I took SEC over BIGEAST in this one. Bad game, even I might not want to watch this one.

OLE MISS - OKST (3)
OKST has 4 on them...JG, AW, MH, SS
I love SEC teams in matchups like this. OKST is also without their stud OT...probably...which doesn't help with the nice DL that OLE brings to the table.

ARK-ECU (+8)
GR is the only one on Skip Holtz and ECU.
I LOVE ARK in this game. Looking to build into a big-time 2010, SEC vs. small conf team, should be a big mismatch. ECU plays some D...but ARK offense might be the best in the nation right now.

Finally...the "will anyone show up or care" Bowl

MSU-TT (-6.5)
SS is the only one on MSU...which might not be a terrible pick right now.
One team just fired their coach, the other just suspended 15 guys. WTF is going on around here? Impossible to predict the mental states of either of these teams. So flip a coin and take your chances.

That's all for the weekend...there will be 4 games and 16 points left after the weekend, so hopefully we'll have some drama for early next week. Remember, this bowl total will be added to your NFL playoff total to determine the winner, so every point you get is a good thing and will help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment