Thursday, December 10, 2009

Football Challenge - Week 15

Our first week of picking almost exclusively from the NFL...might be ugly.

This is also the 300th post on the blog...sounds like a lot, huh. Bet I can reach 600 by next year at this time - Gophers need to stop making so much news for us to comment on...unless it's winning something.

ARMY-NAVY
This big one starts it off. Only one rule applies in this series over the last few years...always pick NAVY. JG, AW, GR...good luck to you.

PIT-CLE
Tonight's tilt should be brutal. PIT is giving 10 on the road in horrible conditions and they are beat up. But they need a win in the worst way, and while I have no doubt that they will get their W, by 10 might be tough. I'll count on a big 0-6 from CLE, so the questions is can PIT get 17...yes. I like PIT. Even 4:4 split on this one (SS likes PIT too) should be a tough watch.

NO-ATL
ATL is getting the love in this one. 6 on them, 3 on NO. I just can't see ATL keeping up without Matt Ryan against NO. NO has been struggling the last few weeks, but I think going inside will help them and they can roll through ATL.

DET-BAL
No Stafford. BAL desperately in need of a W. Look out. 3 on DET, 3 on BAL, 3 didn't pick it. Scared of the 14 pt spread fellas? Don't be. This is still the Lions playing a playoff contender on the road in DEC.

GB-CHI
Pack is playing well, CHI is playing less than good. MH is the only one with faith in Lovie and the crew. Pack should handle this one, but since it's a rivalry I think it may be very close. But giving only 3 allows us to be very close and still win!

SEA-HOU
This is one that I didn't include. We have 7 on HOU, MR on SEA...yes, the leader of the pack MR. So everyone is pulling for the Texans here. Two teams I don't think much of that are both fading or have faded already. HOU at home gives them an edge, but I think they might be a lame duck and not winning much the rest of the year. SEA could come in and get a sneaky one...never bet a dog unless you think they can win outright...so I'll take SEA.

DEN-IND
I still don't think DEN is very good. I do think INDY is extremely good. 7.5 doesn't scare me, especially at home for this Colts club. I wish they weren't undefeated, but I'll take them anyway. 5 on INDY 4 on DEN...nice split.

MIA-JAC
Blackout game...again. MIA is a nice team and I think JAC is very overrated. I really don't like them at all and think MIA will cruise through this one. Getting 2.5 make this an easy bet for me. JG and AW are only ones on JAC.

BUF-KC
The "who cares" Bowl for week 15 of the football challenge. Is it more of a talent to be able to pick winners in bad games than good games? I could argue it is more difficult most times. MH likes KC...7 of us are on BUF.

CIN-MIN
Scary game for the Purple. I really think they'll win, but this CIN club will fight until the end. I'll take the points and CIN, 5 on Vikes - 4 on CIN.

CAR-NE
My other non-pick for the week. Not sure where either of these teams are at right now...so if I had to pick it I'd take NE because they still have the potential to explode and be a scary playoff team. CAR with or without Del Homme is bad. 4 on NE, 1 on CAR...I guess nobody like this one very much.

NYJ-TB
3 on TB: 5 on NYJ. No Dirty Sanchez, I don't think it's a big deal. TB is not very good unless they are getting about 2 TD's...so 5 doesn't qualify them as a good dog bet for this week.

STL-TEN
TEN might have hit a bit of a wall after their miracle run ended last week. STL has been okay of late, but TEN's lack of production on both sides of the ball at times makes me pick STL. I also think this could be a hangover game for them and the Rams surprise and make it interesting. 3 on STL: 5 on TEN.

WAS-OAK
Another ugly one. Only 3 on WAS and 6 on OAK. Could Gradkowski be a solid QB? He's looked the part recently. WAS is due for major hangover let down after the blown W last week against NO. Have to love OAK here - 2 teams in different places mentally right now.

SD-DAL
5 on SD: 2 on DAL. Kind of surprised on how little faith we have in DAL. Still a nice team with potential...but SD has been rolling!! They let their guard down after a huge lead LW, but I think they come in motivated to DAL and beat the 'Boys. Getting 2.5 is a nice bonus as well.

PHI-NYG
Giants, even with LW win, are not a good club. Eli is hurt and the D is not close to being good. PHI might still have something. It's time for them to go on a run and put heat on the Cowboys. AW and MH are the only 2 on NYG at home in a pick'em.

ARI-SF
This could be a really big one for the pool. We have a 5-4 split favoring ARI on this one. I think ARI is in for a letdown game after the big win with the Purple last week. But to have SF win it HAS to be low scoring. SF and Samurai Mike will have to control the ball and run it a lot to keep Grocery Guy off the field. I like the 49ers as a home dog.

There we go - all 16 NFL games plus ARMY-NAVY...not a huge week of football but the beginning of the NFL stretch run for the Football Challenge. Take a week to breath before going through all of the Bowl Games and finding winners in that mess.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment