Thursday, December 17, 2009

NFL Picks Week 16 Football Challenge

All in...here is the summary.

IND-JAC
Roe is also on JAGS (down 17-21 right now).

DAL-NO (Saturday)
Even split on this one. I am on DAL...not sure why. I guess I felt like 8 was too high and that this NO club has been dangerously close to some bad teams lately and it's almost do or die time for the Cowboys.

CHI-BAL
Even split on this one as well. I went with CHI because 11 is too much for a game with 2 grinder mediocre teams. Bears are horrible but can stay within 10.

NE-BUF
JR and MH are the only ones on BUF this week. Why? Well, NE seems to always struggle with the Bills and they seem to be just struggling with everyone as of late! BUF is playing some decent ball, especially at home. I just don't trust the Pats right now...so I'm sure they'll prove me wrong and win 38-3.

*JAGS INT!! Woo-hoo! I thought Manning was going to lead the Colts to a score every time they touched it in this game!!

ARI-DET
The jekyl-hyde Cards are back in action after the predictable meltdown in SF. AW is the only believer in the honolulu blue, and a couple of folks didn't pick it at all. My thought was that this is a giant mismatch, Cards are looking to rebound after the turnover fest on MNF. DET is just bad.

CLE-KC
This week's toilet bowl. But for some reason we all are on KC this week. What? The CLE win over PIT wasn't enough to get anyone on their side? CLE is a HORRIBLE road team, not that KC is anything special, but in what is basically a pick'em, I think the Chefs are the pick.

ATL-NYJ
Should be a good game, but all except MC took the points and the Falcons. Ryan may be back, so will Sanchez. I just think ATL is a better team and you're getting 6 points? That does not make sense.

SF-PHI
7 of 9 on the 49ers. MC and SS are liking everyone's favorite PHILLY team. Seriously, why does everyone have the opinion all of a sudden that this is the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs? They score a bunch and give up a bunch, but I don't think I'm really scared of them in the playoffs. Why 9ers here, I think you always take a good defensive team that runs the ball well if you're getting double digits in points.

HOU-STL
12.5 seems maybe a little high, but then consider the Rams situation. They have a QB nobody has ever heard of or will ever hear of again after this year. They canceled practice today because of the flu runnning through the team. All of a sudden I might be willing to give about 15-17 with the Texans. As a group we are split on this one.

MIA-TEN
This should be one of the best games of the week. We are split on this one as well. I like MIA just because I feel like the TEN run is kind of over. And if TEN wins, it's not by more than a FG.

OAK-DEN
MR and AW took OAK. I sat this one out, all else on DEN giving 13 pts. If I had to pick it, I think I take OAK. DEN just doesn't seem to be a team that will blow anyone out, and OAK being a division game makes it a little dicey. How bad is JaMarcus? Well, Charlie Frye is starting this week over him...and I like this team?

CIN-SD
The dynamic of this one changed a lot over the last 24 hours. It's going to be a Henry tribute...not sure if that's a good thing for CIN or bad thing. We are split on it, but I like CIN. I think a team that runs and plays D can keep up with the Chargers and this should be a close one...so 7 is too high.

GB-PIT
Probably the game of the week. JR, AW, GR are on the Pack...all else on PIT. That surprised me...PIT has been so terrible as of late, but the public and oddsmakers refuse to believe that they are not that good. I think the Pack end the season of the Steelers this week.

TB-SEA
JG, MH, SS are on the lowly Bucs who turn it over at least 3 times per week. All else are on the lowly Seahawks and giving 8 at home. SEA used to be a very tough place to play, but when your team is not good the home field doesn't seem as effective. I think the Bucs circus of turnovers is what kills them and the Hawks cover a close one.

MIN-CAR
9 for 9 on the Purple. I doubted them last week...not making that mistake again. CAR is not a strong team. They can run it...but probably not against us. So then it's Matt Moore trying to beat the Vikes...nope. Vikes roll and make up for the poor performance last time on NBC.

NYG-WAS
JR and MC are on the Skins...all else on NYG. I have just given up on the Giants...I think Eli is not right and they are not a very strong team. WAS on the other hand has been a covering machine lately and playing much better than earlier this season. I think they win outright and basically end the Giants season on MNF.

There we go - still waiting on 3 sets of Bowl picks...will need those tomorrow if you want in. Hope everyone is watching this THUR night game - it's been great thus far. Bad thing is, I don't think the Colts are looking at taking out their starters like I was hoping...not loving my Jags pick so much anymore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment