Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bowl Update

0-4, the streak continues for your truly. 0-34 would be quite a feat...I'm starting to believe it's very possible.

OUT OF 5 POSSIBLE POINTS - 95 to go
MK-4
MC-4
AW-3
JG-2
MH-2
GR-1
JR-0
MR-0
SS-0

A little time left, but I'm starting to get frustrated. If you want to win $$$ bet heavily against my picks from here on out.

TONIGHT

UTAH - CAL (Poinsettia Bowl)
JG, MC, SS - all on CAL...rest on UTAH

So the majority is favoring UTAH tonight, and I am very much on board. CAL just hasn't impressed me at all over the balance of the season after their trip to TCF. Everyone thought this was the year for them to end USC's reign, but they ended up with a very disappointing season and their Heisman candidate got hurt and is still hurt and won't play tonight. UTAH had a quiet 9-3 season losing all of their big games this season. It's a typical UTAH team that is fundamentally sound and does a little of everything. I really like these kinds of teams in bowl games, especially when they have a shot to knock off another BCS team. Smart $ has to be on UTAH tonight...but I'm 0-4, so maybe betting CAL for the max amount is the smart play.


X-MAS EVE
SMU-NEV (HAWAII Bowl)
JG, MR - on SMU...rest on NEV

I was a NEV guy all year and I had them marked on most every bowl sheet I filled out. But when thinking a little deeper about this game, I'm loving the SMU angle. No, I won't be changing any picks...that's illegal...but I'm confident that this will be my 5th or 6th loss of the bowl season. Think of it this way, NEV scores a billion points and runs like crazy...SMU has a horrible run D and will get torched. On the other hand, SMU runs the June Jones Timmy Chang type HAW offense that throws, throws, throws, then throws again. They can put up points as well, and NEV has one of the worst pass D's in the nation. There's a reason the o/u is at 72! June Jones' return to HAW for this bowl game is another angle...does he try to put on a big show and say FU...or does he get distracted and his team gets run. NEV is marked on my sheet so I think SMU is the best bet getting 14 pts.

Weekend preview coming tomorrow when/if I'm on-line for "work".

NFL PICKS

I'm still waiting on picks from Heinert, ROE, and KOBOW...the 2 leaders are thinking way too hard this week about their NFL picks trying to set them self up for a little payday. I'll interpret the delay as a good thing for the rest of us...overthinking = bad results. Please send them over when you get a chance and we'll be set for Week 17 of the Football Challenge.



Happy Holidays - enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment