Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bowl Update...Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Wow, didn't think I'd see the day...I actually was on the right side last night!! My pesky little UTAH club scared me early at 14-0, but came through in the end to put me on the board.

STANDINGS through 7 possible points - 93 to go
MK - 6
AW - 5
MH - 4
MC - 4
GR - 3
JR - 2
JG - 2
MR - 2
SS - 0

Unfortunately, we're not all in the W column yet...Mr. Schuft, your day will come. Consider this 0-5 start your initiation into the Football Challenge...it can't get any worse than that, right.

I have almost all of the NFL picks collected...waiting on ROE. Here's the options, Mike - a) send them over soon so I can get out a recap or b) don't send and let Ellie make the picks for you...your call.

The classic SMU-NEV matchup tonight in Honolulu...should be fun.

Here's what's on tap after that:

SATURDAY - 3 games

OHIO-MARSHALL (Pizza Bowl)
Marshall is the unpopular one here - JR, JG, MH are on them...all else on OHIO. No logic to this pick, watched OHIO look bad in the MAC title game and thought Marshall getting points sounded good.

NC-PITT (Car Care Bowl)
In NC, the Car Care Bowl is always a decent game. Pretty even split on this one:
JR, MK, GR, MC all on NC...JG, MR, AW, MH, SS on PITT. My thoughts here...NC is basically playing a home game, which should factor in their favor. PITT has to still be disappointed and smarting for the bad CINCY loss, so I think they come out flat. NC plays great D, but struggles mightily on offense...let's hope that changes a bit this Saturday. NC is getting a FG, so when in doubt take the points and the "home" team.

BC-USC (Emerald Bowl)
In SF, this should be a heavy USC crowd...if they care enough to watch their club in a non-BCS bowl for the first time in forever. I am on the minority here...of course I went with the Trojans...against my better judgement. 9 points is kind of a lot for a likely unmotivated squad against a kinda sorta dangerous BC team. Motivation for them...well, nobody really thought they'd be a bowl team this season and having a chance to prove their worth against a club like USC has to get you excited. Basically, I'm giving my USC pick about a 5% chance of success on Saturday. MK and SS are with me...all else on the BC.


SUNDAY

UK-CLEM (Music City Bowl)
One of Mase's favorites...features what appears to be a mismatch this season. CLEM has been very good all season, but layed an egg against SEC rival South Carolina and then lost to GT to close the season. UK has been surprisingly nice all season. A couple of nice wins highlighted their 7-5 campaign. Who do we have? Well, I went with UK...why, because I have a really hard time picking against the SEC, especially when CLEM is invovled. MR is the only one with me. All else are on CLEM at -7...just feels like one of those that will be a lot closer than it should. This is the final 2-pointer for this point (a couple more come in JAN).

Good Luck! Happy Holidays! Try to not avoid the family too much tonight and pull yourself away from the classic NEVADA-SMU contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment