Friday, December 25, 2009

Bowl Update and NFL Pick Summary

JG and MR are the only 2 who capitalized on the SMU beat down of a ridiculously uninspired and short-handed NEV team last night. Updated standings:

MK-6
AW-5
JG-4
MR-4
MH-4
MC-4
GR-3
JR-2
SS-0

9 pts down...91 to go.


NFL Picks

SD-TEN
The x-mas matchup could be the best game of the week. JR and JG are the only ones on the TITANS tonight. If I had to go with a confidence rating on my 15 picks for this week...this would be in the top 5. I really love TEN tonight. 2 teams both coming off closer wins than expected, and TEN is at home. SD has peaked and is due for a close L. TITANS and pts = $$$

BUF-ATL
ATL coming off a big win at NYJ, BUF is not good...but decent enough to hang on in this one. I like BILLS. JG and MC are with me...all else on Falcons.

KC-CIN
Good split here. 14.5 is a lot of points for a team that hasn't exactly been an offensive juggernaut. Add to it the fact that the weather will be less than stellar and 14.5 looks insurmountable. CHEFS are the smart $ play...usually the smart $ play is the one most of us don't pick. I guess that's why we're amateurs.

OAK-CLE
Yuck. 2 brutal teams that have both lost their surprisingly effective QB's lately. We're split on it, rightfully so. I went CLE at home just because OAK is likely to play JaMarcus on the road the week after he actually did something good so the chance of a letdown from him is about 110%.

SEA-GB
SEA might be the most disappointing team in the league this year. There was hope when Holmgren spoke about coming back...but he went to CLE and hope is lost once again. GB is a nice team, bad loss last week but should be very tough at home in this one against a SEA team that has pretty much quit. I am in the minority once again with GR and MH and the PACK.

HOU-MIA
JR, MK, AW, SS all on the Dolphins. One ofg the best plays of the week in my opinion. HOU isn't a strong team. MIA has been extremely tough all year long. I really like a mentally tough team at home against a Texan club that is as flakey as they come.

CAR-NYG
CAR is the minoity pick in this one. MR, MH, MC all on the Panthers after last week's Purple beatdown. That is one of the main reasons I am against them this week. Off of that big win, they will be ready to lay an egg. NYG is in playoff push mode and DOMINATED last week at WAS. NYG will crush!

JAC-NE
NE has JG, MR, and SS on their side. All else are with JAC. I just cant' trust NE to get up to play anyone until the playoffs start. They are on cruise control and JAC is looking to still get a spot and maybe found some new confidence after last Thursdays game. I like the JAGS.

TB-NO
The best vs. the worst. 15.5 doesn't seem like enough to me. JG and MC are the only 2 on the Bucs for this one. I think NO relaxes after getting the 16-0 monkey off their back and they HOUSE TB...42-7.

BAL-PIT
Another good one for the week. Despite what happened last week, I still think PIT isn't good at all. BAL has been much more consistent and they actuallty have a D that is ready for some DEC football in the snow. MK is the only Tomlin believer.

STL-ARI
15.5 is a lot for a scary ARI team. But they got the majority vote this week. JG, AW, MC are on STL and a couple avoided this one. For me, ARI should be ready to smack someone at home after the brutal performance in DET last week and STL is just plain awful. Not a lot of faith in this one, but I have ARI.

DET-SF
SF giving 12 to anyone is a scary thought. When ok teams start giving double digits it's not a good thing. Lions are the pick. JG, MK, SS are the only Singletary backers this week.

DEN-PHI
Could be a good game. I'm surprised it's at 9 for a line. PHI has been playing well, but the DEN D should be able play a bit and keep it within a TD. PHI is riding way too much confidence right now and they are due for a scare. MK and AW are the only Andy Reid lovers this week.

NYJ-IND
This is my non-pick for the week. I hate picking games where one teams has absolutely nothing at stake...like INDY. MK, GR, MC on the JETS, all else on INDY. Who know about this one. Gun to the head I go JETS.

DAL-WAS
JR and MC are the only ones still buying the Skins after the brutal MNF performance. All else are on DAL. I still don't think DAL is worth a crap, and coming off the huge NO win they are due for a letdown while WAS is due to play much better. Skins cover and win outright.

MIN-CHI
Vikes are due to show up against a HORRIBLE Bears team. It's on the raod in the cold at night, but I really think the Purple put the schism behind them and roll the Bears. GR and SS are the only Ditka fans this week...we'll see.

There you go. 16 games for your Holiday enjoyment and lots of Bowl action as well.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment