Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday Details

Just got off the phone with the golf course, minor chaos...he's said we were never confirmed, but I have an email which stated the opposite...so he's finding a spot for us and moving other people around to get us in at 10am as planned.

Whew...not the start I needed for this week!


So, here's the plan of attack for Saturday:

8:15-8:30 - MEET AT MY HOUSE IN CHANHASSEN (I would like to get to the course by 9 and it's 10-15 minutes away)...we'll need 2-3 drivers to get us all there.

If you're not there by 8:30 or 8:45 at the latest, you are on your own to drive to the course. We can try to align car pooling options for all who are on time just in case we have a few drinks on the course.

9:00-10:00 - There is a nice range at the course for some warm up, this is my plan since I've played only 3 times this season.

COST - each guy will owe $88 for 27 holes and a cart

10:00-10:30 - this is when our tee times will be, we'll do a draw for partners once everyone is there and we have 3 successive tee times starting at 10am.

Play 18 holes, gather in the club house to check the progress and regroup for the Final 9 holes.

3:08 - final 9 starts, we will have 3 successive tee times once again pairing teams in 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th

I expect golf to wrap up by 5-5:30 and we can head down to Floyd's (bar/grill right on Hwy 5) to determine skins and winners.

We'll grab dinner there and maybe a drink before heading back to my place for cards.

On the way, we'll stop at a liquor store, right on 5 as well, and you will be able to grab whatever your drink of choice will be for the evening. I'll have coolers available for beer or cups for booze.

Start throwing cards by 8pm and play as long as we can. I'm thinking $5-$10/game/guy, with small stacks of chips in hope of playing multiple games. I have a 10 seat table that we can probably use for all of us together.

THINGS TO KNOW
1. Bring cash - $20 for golf gambling (tourney/skins/beer cart girls), and some cash for cards/beanbags/anything else we can gamble on.

2. Sleepover - all are welcome to sleep over...stipulations = no puking or destroying the house and everyone is up and out by 9-10am when the fam comes back home.

3. Be on time - if you're late we'll leave you...simple as that. We're all adults - just be on time so we can go without drama.

ADDRESSES
Me
2063 Stone Creek Drive in Chanhassen

Island View
7795 Laketown Parkway in Waconia - it's right off of Hwy 5 on the right hand side if you're coming from EP/Chanhassen area.

I think most of you have my phone number if you get lost or need to get in touch.

We're looking at 11-12 guys right now. I think I have 11 solid commits and 1 50/50 guy, so once this is locked in I can get a better idea of teams. We'll try to be as fair as possible, splitting in A & B players based on handicap and do a blind draw from there.

I'm excited - hope you all are too. Weather looks like 80 and sunshine - good stuff.

See you on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment