Friday, June 11, 2010

Futbol Update and Football Update

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

Pick a tie, watch a tie, collect cash...1 for 1 in the Futbol Challenge thus far. Wow, not a lot of fun rooting for a tie, it was weird but profitable.

Game 2 is firing up soon, liking my Uruguay club still since France is having all kinds of issues off the pitch (I'm starting to use the lingo now).

Predictions for Saturday, because I know you're all on pins and needles waiting for the next great call:

GREECE-S.KOREA
S.Korea is a slight favorite in this one, but I'm taking the DOG once again.

ARGENTINA-NIGERIA
Gigantic mismatch, Argentina is about an 85% favorite to win, but has some stupid odds. I won't pick Nigeria to win, and I don't want to pick an under since I have my Argentina guy being the tourney top scorer...so maybe an OVER in this one. Otherwise, I'll just pick Argentina for $10 to win .75! It's a sure thing...right?

In actual FOOTBALL news. COL has officially made the move to the P10. BOISE has officially moved to the MWC. NEB should be announcing shortly that they are officially in the B10. What's next? Well...oh wait...the Soccer announcer guy just compared Uruguay to the state of IOWA!?!? Are you f*cking kidding me? I'm pulling for the Iowa of the World Cup?! I instantly hate my pick...go France!

Okay. Back to who is next...I would bet it's not ND. It won't be TEX either. I'm going to go out on a limb and say OK and OKST move to the P10 next. TEX is pretending to put up a fight for the survival of the B12, but I don't buy it. I bet their hoping the A&M to the SEC rumors are true so they can drop little brother and come to the place they want to be...the B10.

Happy World Cup! Go France - beat Iowa, er...Uruguay. Who hates Uruguay!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment