Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SUGAR Bowl Picks

The Cardinal came through last night - never a doubt. They steam-rolled VT in the 2nd half and won me some $$$.

Tonight we have the Sugar Bowl, which is shaping up to be another great one and the last of the BCS Bowls before next Monday.

ARK-OHIOST (-3)
I've wavered on this one quite a bit as well, but I think I have to lean away from the mighty B10 and toward the SEC and the points. ARK +3 is the pick tonight for me and for MR...everyone else is staying true to Buckeye nation tonight.

Why ARK? I think they have been playing better and I think it could turn into a shootout because nobody has been able to stop this ARK offense all year. They only scored less than 31 points 2 times this season, yes one of those was ALA who might be the best comparison game for OHIOST...but I don't think OHIOST can stop them. The Buckeyes also likely won't be able to keep up with them on the scoreboard with the Hogs. They have no convincing wins this season and played poorly in all of their road games except for at the Bank. Speed edge to ARK, QB edge to ARK, playmaker edge to ARK. OHIOST has the better D, but I don't think they've really been tested like they will tonight.

ARK 31 OHIOST 21

In other action we have IND at MIN (-10) in hoops: not playing it but I would take IND to cover the 10 because the Gophs just don't blow anyone away right now.

I do like TEXAS at -10 hosting ARK tonight...ARK's first true road game and 1st real test while TEXAS is well seasoned already and a very stingy D. I'll take the Horns.

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment