Friday, January 7, 2011

Cotton Bowl...still need NFL Picks from MR, MC, RO

MDTN looked like they came to play for the 1st half last night, but then sucked in the 2nd. So most of you made up 2 points on the leader (GR), and there's a chance for more tonight.

The Cotton Bowl is one of the toughest calls of all the Bowl Games, here's the deal:

A&M vs. LSU (-1)
A&M comes in super hot with wins and covers in their last 6 games leading up to the bowl. They have motivation to be there with not having been to a bowl in quite a while under Mike Sherman, and they have a nice road record and played a tougher schedule than LSU, which I was surprised by. The Tigers lost to ARK to close the season and didn't cover 4 of their final 6. Now the rumors of the Mad Hatter heading to MICH will be everywhere tonight and this bowl game really isn't that big of a deal for a club like LSU. Even with all this leaning toward A&M, I'm still very hesitant because I just don't think much of the Aggies, but by the numbers they look like a pretty legit club that's riding a nice streak. So even though I thought this was going to be a lock for LSU, I will be going with A&M tonight at the current line of +2.5.

JR, GR, AW, RO are all on A&M - the rest have LSU.

The UNDER might also be a good play tonight as both teams have pretty good defenses and kind of suspect offenses...so I like the UNDER 49 as well.

Not much at all for CBB plays today...too bad, I rocked with STAN +5 last night and they beat the Sun Devils outright by like 15.

Weekend BOWLS
UK vs. PITT
JG, MR, MH are on UK...the rest of us like PITT. Wannstedt's last game = PITT motivation and I think they roll through an overmatched UK club...one of the best bets left I think.

BC vs. NEV (-9.5)
MR, MH, MC, RO all on NEV to cover the points while the rest of us like BC.
I think NEV had their moment, BC stops the run very well and all NEV does is run the ball...at 9.5 points, yep I think BC is the play here. But I don't feel great about it either way.

That leaves us with only 1 game left - the big one for the title...we have some diversity in our picks, so it should be an exciting finish to the Bowl Season.

Send me your NFL Playoff Picks for the weekend...I'm a loner so far in 2 of the games, so we'll see what these 3 come up with before I send out the preview hopefully later today.

Good Luck - Go Aggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment