Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Roof...DEAD as well!

This one sucks. Roof is heading to AUB as the DC. He was one I would have liked to keep around, but I think AUB will basically double his $$$ and he's a south ACC kind of guy, so he wanted to go back is my guess.

So we have an opening at OC and DC now. Not exactly the best situation to be in going into a new stadium and a major recruiting period for the next 4-6 weeks. My bet is Brew will find replacements for both ASAP to have a staff in place and not lose any current or potential recruits.

Some OC names being thrown around...purely speculation, but here we go:
Chuck Long (who hates IOWA!)
Major Applewhite - I could see this one with the Texas connection
Patrick Nix - recently axed at MIA, might work
Norm Chow - really? i doubt this is possible, but I'm all for it if it works out

As far as the DC job goes, I haven't seen much yet. I'm sure we'll find a suitable replacement, Brew knows what has and hasn't worked with the D unlike the O. I assume we'll bring in a guy similar to Roof for the defense and something very new on offense...although we won't abandon the spread as some are thinking.

Should be an interesting 5-10 days...I imagine both will be in place by next weekend.

Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment