Thursday, January 8, 2009

NFL Playoff Picks - Week 2 & NATL TITLE GAME

Picks are in and we are set for Week 2 of the NFL Playoffs.

3 points per game for this week

Here we go:

BAL-TEN
I was shocked to see that I'm the only one taking the Ravens. I thought they were going to be everyone's sneaky pick this week. I just like how they are playing, and I always love that D.

ARI-CAR
JG and JR took the Cards, MR and MK like CAR. I think Carolina wins, but I think 10 points is just too much in the playoffs with a team that can score some points. CAR beat them by 4 at home in the regular season, so I'm expecting something similar.

PHI-NYG
We all like NYG. I'm thinking it's a split of 1)PHI beat Vikes, I hate PHI now. 2)NYG are that good and should roll. 3)PHI is a train wreck and didn't look good against us LW, so NYG will kill them. A combo of the 3 makes this an easy one for me.

SD-PIT
Another shocker for me...I am the only one taking PIT. I just think SD blew their load LW, and PIT will dominate them on the defensive side of the ball. The California guys are traveling across country to the freezing climate in PIT, and it will show. Steelers cruise to a 10 pt win.

Today also marks the end of the 2008-09 NCAA Football Season.

GATORS-SOONERS
Roe is the only one to pick the underdog Sooners in this one. The rest of us have Gators by 3. As I've said before, I think the FLA defense makes the difference in this one. We've all kind of seen the lack of B12 defense throughout the Bowl season, and I don't think this will be any different. Now, OK does probably have the best offense in the B12 and they will score some points...but I think FLA will come up with enough stops to win this one. I'm guessing Gators in a shootout 38-31. (extra motivation for me to see this score because I would win my Bowl pool at work with a Gator win and a total of 68+)

Also a little Gophers-Hawks tonight on ESPN...Tubby cruises to 2-1 in B10.

Have any of you guys tried that Streak for the Cash I sent you on ESPN? It's pretty sweet. I have done it for 3 days, won all 3, and am only 24 straight wins away from $1M...now, that would not suck. Anyway, just something fun for the gambler in all of us.

I haven't completely forgotten about the NCAA Hoops season - I'll try and get something out for next week or the followinf week's games so we can start picking. I'm thinking of just taking the top 10 TV games of the week and doing a confidence pool on those 1-10. We'll see how it works out. We'll for sure have something for FEB and early MAR...then we'll do a tourney pool again as well.

Hope all is well - enjoy the game tonight and this weekend.

As always, I'll probably be sending out random updates and thoughts on what our favorite coordinator-less football team is up to, so be ready.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment