Friday, January 9, 2009

Proposterous Statement of 2009?

So....I know this may cause some controversy in your minds, but I think that I have heard the most proposterous statement of 2009 already (a great bit from Common if you haven't heard them before). And it is fitting this morning as I get home from dominating Rochester Public Schools Friday morning hoops. I am sure I have the same feeling as Tim Tebow does this morning. However, after our game this morning, there is one glaring difference about Tim Tebow and myself. No, it isn't that there is a lack of photos on the internet of me with a young lady with the greatest, ummm, set of brains that I have seen in a while. It is that I did not have someone in a post game comment say that I was one of the top-10, possibly top 5 players of all time. I heard this statement last night and immediately called Kobow. Unfortunately, Kobow agreed with this statement as well. So both Kobow and announcer guy from Fox have made this most proposterous statement of 2009.
Tim Tebow is not one of the top 5 players of all time. He might be one of the top 5 players of this decade. Reggie Bush, Matt Lienart, Vince Young will give him a run for his money. It is quite a stretch to put him in the top 10 of ALL TIME. He is a stud, and has had a great college career, and hopefully he comes back next year to defend his title and to win a 2nd Heisman. I like the guy and think he is a lot of fun to watch (remember my obsession with Florida in NCAA 2007 to bench Leak and put him in!). But Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Barry Sanders, Tony Dorsett, Charles Woodson, and John Elway would probably argue. I would even say, as biased as it may be, that Charlie Ward would be able to put his name in the hat. And those are just guys that have played in our life time. Then you have the Red Granges, Doak Walkers, Bronco Nagurskis, Roger Staubachs, and Jim Thorpes of the world. Now, I know that I have only named 15 players in this rant, so maybe Tim Tebow is one of the top 20 or 25 of All Time.
But Top 10, maybe Top 5 of All Time, Mr. Tebow is not.

1 comment:

  1. My personal favorite from Common:

    Shooter, "I wouldn't trade 2 KG's for 1 Al Jefferson."

    Oustanding.

    ReplyDelete