Thursday, January 22, 2009

2010 Recruit locked up - Hoops Update

Brew & Co. arew wasting no time on bringing in a nice class for 2010. Today we got a commitment from the top player in all of Beckyville...a 6'3" LB Conrad Zagbedski or something like that. All indications are that this guy was the #1 player in the state and had interest from the entire B10 and ND already. Gotta love the border battle going our way for a change on the recruiting front.

Apparently, Tremaine Brock is gonzo...flunked out or something. Whatever, I'm not a big fan of focusing on shit like this. If you can't even pass, well...see ya.

College Hoops challenge only has one game on tap tonight...GOPHS-BOILERS.

We've all missed one game so far, it costs me 4 points - the most of anyone. But I have 5 on the GOPHS tonight, the rest have 1...JG even put his one on the BOILERS.

After tonight, we have 3 Saturday games left for week 1 of the challenge, I'll send an update out tomorrow with what to watch for on Saturday.

I got the call from Greg today about a potential road trip in 2010...GOPHERS v. UNLV in Vegas in September. I think that sounds like a plan...we might actually have back to back west coast trips with Vegas and USC on consecutive weekends.

Now for my waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too early Gopher prediction for next season:
BEST CASE: 7-5 again, brutal schedule
WORST CASE: 4-8

Might not look that optimistic, but I think we'll be a better team...however, the schedule looks a lot tougher on paper right now, and we'll still be building for 2010 and the big Rose Bowl run!!

BTW - the more I read about Jedd Fisch, the more I like. We're not running the spread, the west coast offense, the east coast offense, the run n shoot - we're running the GOPHER ATTACKING OFFENSE and we're going to score TD's! This is just a paraphrase, but that's the kind of attitude I like. It seems like Dunbar was so locked into his little scheme that he forgot about making adjustments and scoring TD's. Let's hope young Jedd provides some enthusiasm and some creativity to a team that should be loaded with some playmakers for next season. I only hope Mr. Cosgrove and the defense pick things up a bit so we don't end up in a Mason/Wacker type of situation again.

Party on party people.

No comments:

Post a Comment