Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week 14 Results

14 down, 1 to go...for college football at least. It feels like we just started, and now it's over already. At least we have an exciting bowl game to look forward to this year.

So how'd we do last week?

MK takes the cake again at 8-7
JR, MR, and JG all went 6-9...ugly.

MK hits 5-5 in NCAA picks
JR, MR both go only 4-6
JG pulls up the rear at 3-7...brutal NCAA week for all of us.

NFL was only slightly better:
MK, JG tie for the win at 3-2
JR and MR both go 2-3

OVERALL
MR 107-103
JG 107-103
MK 102-108
JR 97-113

So I'm basically eliminated, but you never know i guess. Dead heat at the top with MR and JG.ROE has a 12 game lead on NCAA picks - nobody will catch him there. JG has a 7 game lead on NFL games - also very tough to catch.

My best call of the year so far had to be in a text to JG prior to the Vikes game...I called 35-13 Vikes...I missed slightly, 34-14 Vikes. Wow, maybe I should just stick to picking scores and forget about winners!

THOUGHTS ON THE NCAA WEEK
A&M gave up a bogus late one to TEX to not cover. That changes the whole week if they hold on.

LSU - wow, not good this year. ARK is actually a lot better team than most think - look out for them in the coming years.

I bet on NEB...kick me in the nuts next time you see me for that one.

AZST looks like they crushed UCLA, but had 4, yep 4 defensive TD's to make this one a laugher.

CLEM starting to turn it on at the end of the year - I don't like hiring on Swinney full time though - I think it's always best to not hire interim coaches...see Bill Stewart at WV.

MIZZOU - WTF? KAN, I had just given up on your squad, not you beat MIZZOU? Neither of these teams is much to worry about. No defense either way.

Noles - wow. Tebow is unreal, and that FLA team is playing better than any team I've seen in a while. How classic was the Tebow picture I saw about 1,000 times with the blood coming out of his nose and his face all mud...heisman moment?

TT - you need a huge comeback to beat BAY? They do not deserve to be a part of the B12 championship talk - I know the record says otherwise, but they are not close to OK or TEX right now.

Civil War - I called it! Woo-hoo, I got one right! The Ducks are just plain better than the Beavers. It's strange, but this ORE club is climbing up my personal favorite rankings very quickly. I like em a lot. Thank you Beavers for not winning and saving us the Penn St-ORE ST rematch that would be watched by 11 people in the Rose Bowl.

OK - loads of offense, but god their defense scares me. FLA by 14+ over them in a championship game...which was also my call at the beginning of the year. (I know lots of pats on the back for me so far, but I need some love since I've been in last since Week 2!)

ND-USC - that was fun. ND did get their first 1st down in the 3rd qtr. Chuck is as good as gone. I bet they throw the farm at Urban Meyer, especially if he wins another title this year. He has said that ND is his dream job...

KIFFIN to TEN - I think this is the right move for TEN. Hell, it might have been the right move for the GOPHS 2 years ago, but we'll see what happens. He has a bit of an asshole side to him it appears, so we'll see how that rolls in the League of Extraordinary Coaches. Sounds like daddy is following him, which won't hurt...or will he be like Evertt Withers and run complex pro schemes that no body can figure out? Either way, good pick TN.

GOPHER BOWL HOPES
We'll probably know as soon as the games are over on Saturday where our squad will end up. Possibilities include the Champs Sports Bowl against someone like FSU or possibly the Insight Bowl against someone like KAN. Either would be fun - I'm just stoked to have another game to end the season on a better note than 55-0.

I'll post the games for the 15th and FINAL week of NCAA football. After this week we'll be picking 15 NFL games, which is basically all of them. Buckle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment