Monday, December 29, 2008

Bowl Challenge - Update & NFL PLAYOFF LINES

Hey Guys -

Hope everyone had a great Holiday. I just wanted to send out a quick update on how things are going through all 2 pt games and 1 3 pt game.

MK - 13
JR - 12
MR - 10
JG - 7

That's how we sit with 20 of the possible 100 points being played already. Only 80 left - not time to worry yet.

2 Games today, so here we go:

NCST-RUT
JR and JG like RUT, MR and MK took NCST. I love the way RUT has been playing to close the season. They have averaged 46.2 ppg over the final 5 games of the season, and they won their last 6 after a 1-5 start. NCST has the same kind of story winning their last 4 after starting 2-6. So we've got 2 hot teams on a roll coming into this one at 2pm this afternoon. NCST really doesn't do much well, besides being a +11 in turnovers they rank in the bottom half of the country in all major stats. RUT, after being a run team for so long, ranks 22nd in passing this year and also sports a top 35 defense. I just think this is a game where RUT keeps on trucking and NCST falls off a bit. RUT 34-17.

Game 2 for Monday is NW-MIZZOU
I am the only one pulling for MIZZOU in this one. After examining things a little closer, I hate my pick. Strangely enough, the team with the better ranked defense has covered 67% of the time in the bowl season. NW's defense is far superior to a brutal MIZZOU D (53rd vs. 99th). My problem is with the NW offense, which I witnessed live and in color on a sad saturday in the dome. Absolutley pathetic, and I don't see that changing. MIZZOU struggles in pass defense, as do all B12 teams, but I don't think NW can exploit that weakness. MIZZOU throws for 340/game, and I think they will do enough to surely win, but I'm nervous about the cover. It's a huge up tick for NW vs. their expectations entering the season, while the Alamo Bowl is a major let down for MIZZOU who came in with Nat'l Title hopes. I will go with my guys, but not a lot of confidence on this one...plus when there are multiple games in a day there is always one dog that covers. MIZZOU 31-17 in a nail-biter for us gamblers.

I'll send out more previews as the games come up - 3 for TUESDAY and 5 for WEDNESDAY. 5 on NEW YEAR'S DAY and 3 the day after.

The next few days should separate us, but right now it's still anyone's game.

Now, to the big leagues:

Here are the 4 lines for the WILDCARD GAMES this week - send me your 4 picks sometime this week:

ATL
AZ +1

IND
SD +1

BAL
MIA +3

PHI
MIN +2

4 home dogs - how tempting is that!

I'll shoot out a preview on these as we get closer...also thinking ahead, maybe our best shot to get together would be next weekend if the Vikes are in Carolina on Saturday? Obviously, we've got to win one first, but this might be a good option for us.

We'll stay in touch and make something work.

Later Guys - have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment