Monday, December 22, 2008

Week 17 Results & 1 point Bowl Results

Nice weekend, huh. Well, it was for Mr. Mike Roe at least. He is only 10-4 with one to play, leading us all by at least 6 games this week! Nice work Mike.

Purple - yuck. Should have had that one. Moved the ball at will, but a -4 in the turnover bucket is pretty tough to overcome. On a good note, we might have found a QB! Who turned the light on in this guy's head?!? WTF? All of a sudden we might have some $ to spend on something other than a QB next year. I still think they definitely get in. Not betting on a Bear loss tonight, although Roe has GB, and I'm trusting his picks a lot this week. They could lose at HOU next week, but I also think we'll beat a Giant team that will be sitting a lot of guys on Sunday.

BOWLS

JR and MK each have hit 3 of 5, MR hit 2 of 5, JG has only hit 1 of 5 so far. I'm still going to put my money on JG - Roe is on his way to a 3rd straight Reg. Season title, and JG has won the first 2 BOWL titles...so I won't bet against that trend. My Navy pick was bad...but my Troy loss was weak. They had that game in hand, then all of sudden they looked incredibily scared and SOMISS ran right through them. The K that is terrible hits 3 FG's and they win...unreal. I really like Fedora, the SOMISS coach. Wearing the Gold Jerseys and losing a timeout is my new favorite inspiriational move in College Football. His squad played with fire all night, which is fun to watch. Even after an UGLY injury to by far their best player in the 1st Qtr, they sustained and made a better Troy team play scared. Nice work.


I'll ship out a preview of this week's games either today or tomorrow...have a good Holiday everyone.

One other note - not sure about the week 17 challenge. It appears obvious that Roe will be the winner, and the timelines might be a little tricky this week with people traveling. I'm thinking we cancel week 17 and wait for the playoff challenge instead. Playoffs will be counted in our Bowl Total for one combined post season score. Bowls are worth 100, playoffs will be worth a total of 50...2pts each for Wildcard games, 3 pts each for Divisional games, 5 points each for Conf. Championships, and 20 for the Super Bowl.

Later Fellas - let me know if you have any objections to canceling Week 17 off of our schedule.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment