Thursday, November 27, 2008

Week 14 Picks

Happy Thanksgiving - yep, it's 2:45 on Turkey day and I'm on the computer while everyone sleeps. All picks are in, so here we go:

ROE is going up early with his Titans pick - 2:00 left, and their lead looks safe.

ROE also likes DAL this afternoon. JG took SEA, I kind of like a SEA cover in this one.

JR and MK both like AZ as a dog for the evening game today. How are they a dog in this game BTW?

All 3 of you like the BILLS, I like them too but I didn't bet it.

JG took BAL as a TD FAV on the road.

I think the COLTS are coming on, I picked them-4.5 at CLE.

KOBS likes the Panthers and any line...we'll give him +3.

JR and JG have the NYG at WAS. How do you not pick this team right now?

MK likes the FALCONS at SD...I like this pick as well.

I took NE hosting PITT.

MR took OAK hosting KC...should be a fun watch!

We all like the VIKES...except ROE of course took the BEARS - just has to go against the home town club.

That's all for NFL picks this week.

NCAA

Everyone has a pick for tonight, MR and MK like the Horns, JG and JR like the points!

MK likes WV, JG has PITT. I am leaning PITT at home in this one.

MK and JG agree on LSU over ARK.

JG took COL (out of hatred for Big Red I'm guessing) and I took NEB. COL is just terrible.

MK picks FRESNO again. He loves them, but they've only covered 2x this year!

MK also like AZST...this is a good pick at home against a not good UCLA team.

JR and MK like TECH, MR and JG like GEO. I really think these 2 teams are a lot closer than 9 points...should come down to the wire.

MR and MK like MIA at NCST. Pack has won 3 staight...look out.

JG likes VT over VIR.

MR likes CIN, MK likes SYR. Wow, this might be the 1st SYR bet of the year.

3 of us like MIZZOU...everyone but MK.

I like SOMISS at SMU. Weird game, but I just think SMU is awful and SOMISS has been playing well.

MR likes FLA, MK and JG like the NOLES. I think 15 is too much, but FLA covers everything this year.

MR likes AUB - he's usually right, so this game will probably be close.

JR and JG likes TT...easy $.

I like Tulsa -14 at MARSH. Tulsa is still really solid on OFFENSE and MARSH is still brutal.

MR likes the BEAVERS in the Civil War...I think the DUCKS get them. Give me ORE...quack, quack, quack...

MR and JG likes the Sooners to roll over OKST. I agree.

Everyone but JG is calling for a Chuck Weis sacrafice and USC to cover the 4+ TD line.

I also like HAW at just under 4 TD's over my favorite WASU club. Any week you bet against WASU is a good week.

That's all for college picks.

GOPHER PERSPECTIVE
I'm felling okay about this year. 7-5 is a nice improvement, and I'm excited to watch a Bowl Game no matter where it is. The OL coach firing was the right thing to do, obviously something had to happen. But the guy they brought in sounds great. Former USC OL coach, worked with the Dolphins and under Saban at ALA. He's a big-time recruiter as well, I guess. Nice fit. I also read that he will be running game coordinator and bring in many more under center plays and more of a power running game to go with our spread passing. I think this is a must - not sure how many times I was pissed this year when we couldn't convert a 3rd and 1 from the shotgun. The question is if this will be the end of the Dunbar era. I doubt it, but hopefully he's able to adjust and have a better balance in the future. It sounds like these changes will be implemented immediatly and used in the Bowl Game. I would love for us to play Ball State and come out and run it down their throat and play some inspired football. It would be nice to hang a 38-17 on the undeated Cardinals. But now we're just getting ahead of ourselves - hopefully the recruiting continues to roll, and we play well in game #13.

Have a good thanksgiving fellas - talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment