Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week 13 Results

MK wins again at 9-6 after a large Saints win last night. JG and MR each finish at
8-7, and I pulled up the rear again at 6-9...only 6 of 13 weeks I've finished last or tied for last, not bad.

Here's where we are for overall standings:
MR 101-94
JG 101-94
MK 94-101
JR 90-105

NCAA with only one week left:
MR 78-57...wow +21, nice work.
MK 65-70
JG 65-70
JR 61-74

Roe pretty much has this one wrapped up.

NFL - lots of weeks left
JG 36-24...+12, again - very impressive.
JR 29-31
MK 29-31
MR 22-38

Right now we all owe JG 2.50 for our weekly challenge - pretty even overall.

Last week, VIKES crushed - like I called it! Gophers...not so much.

GOPHERS - IOWA (accompanied by "The End" by the Doors...please play this while reading)
So that's it. 7-1 to 7-5, not exactly what I was expecting, but should we really be surprised. In hindsight it's easy to say, but the 7-1 was done with the soft part of the schedule and a ridiculous turnover margin. If this team would have lost to Bowling Green and Indiana, but beat NW and MICH then the perception of this season would have been much more positive. I hate looking at it like that - it's like the BCS, if you lose early you're okay as long as you finish well. I'm happy with 7-5, I'm not happy ending at 0-4, but an overall 7-5 and low end Bowl Game is good for this team. Insanely young at nearly every position, and the talent level continues to increase. I heard maybe the most retarded arguement ever by Chad Hartman yesterday saying that even all of the good players on the team were recruited by Mason, well, Brewster has only had one recruiting class dumb fuck - if Brewster's players are the best on our team then we really have some issues. He's a moron...that's obvious. As far as the game goes, we stayed through almost halftime. Went to piss at 20-0, and came out at 27-0 - tossed my beer, tore up my final Mecca ticket and stormed out. The inability to even show up was concerning - but it's a tired team that just wasn't ready to play, which is on Brewtser. I think we were rolling in too down after the big let down against the Becky, and Iowa was ready to go. Not a fun night at all - but it is the end, my only friend - the end. That is the bright spot of this whole thing - can you believe this is the final time we'll play in this cursed place! That's reason to celebrate enough right there. Next time we'll be able to watch our Gophers play at home it will be hosting Air Force outside on a sunny September day in 2009...how great is that!?!? It was a fitting end to the horror that was the Mecca, losing to a rival....very very badly. I can't wait for 2010 with those pigfuckers come back and only have 10K fans rather than the 25-30K that were in the dome on Saturday. God I hate Iowa.

Bring on Ball State - that would be a fun one to watch. I'll send out more Gopher seasonal recaps as we go, but for now I will leave you hanging!

I'll post the games right now for next week.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment