Friday, December 17, 2010

Updates + Picks for NFL

Still nothing on the Vikes game or Pack game...has to be tonight or tomorrow.

JG took an L last night on SF and MR and SS both got W #1 for the week.

WHAT I NEED
BOWL PICKS FROM CORCORAN and SHUFT...send them over before game time tomorrow fellas, or you'll take an L in every game that starts before I see them...not a huge deal since they are all 1 pointers tomorrow, but every point counts!!

Here are some highlights for this week's NFL Picks:

- JR and JG are the only 2 on BUFF
- AW and MH are on CLE
- Split 5:4 on DET at TB...leaders both on TB
- JR and MC on JAC
- Only 3 takers on ARI at CAR: JR and AW on CAR, JG on ARI
- Split 5:4 on NO at BAL...ROE on BAL, HEINERT on NO
- JG is only one on NYG with 5 on PHI...I'm with you JG, but I didn't include it in my 10
- MH and SS on KC, 3 on STL
- 3 on DAL, and ZERO on WAS...heard Grossman was starting...anyone want to jump on board now?!?
- 7 on HOU with ZERO on TEN...I like the TITANS in this game.
- JG on SEA, 7 on ATL...once again JG, I'm with you on SEA but it didn't make my Top 10
- 2 on NYJ and 2 on PIT...lots of avoiding this one...I'll take pts.
- 1 on DEN and 1 on OAK...nobody likes this game either...I'll take pts.
- 7 on NE, ZERO on GB...Matt Flynn show isn't impressing anyone. Still no line, could be very high.
- 5 on BEARS, ZERO on Purple...Joe Webb...nope.

So for our purposes, assuming this is a 2 horse race and MR and MH will take the top spots (barring a miraculous 9-1 week from someone to sneak back into this thing) here are the important swing games:

MR: SD (W)
MR: CIN MH: CLE
MH: IND
MR: BAL MH: NO
MH: PHI
MH: KC
MR: DAL
MR: NYJ

Those are the big ones that could tilt the advantage one way or the other for these 2. Rob has 8 games to make up in 3 weeks, and 4 of us are tied at 11 games back, so that means making up about 4 games per week on the leaders, which is probably going to require about 8-2 or 9-1 records the rest of the way...who loves their chances? But you never know. Doing a quick glance, if everything falls my way I can make up 7 games on MR this week and 7 on MH...so we're never out of it.

Get your Bowl picks in - I'll have a giant recap once I have them all for this weekend and we'll go from there. Just to give you a little taste, here's my 3 team weekend parlay:

UTEP +11.5, NILL -2.5, OHIO +1.5...take it to the bank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment