Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bowl Update - Picks for today

AF...$$$, UNDER...$$$, PITT...$$$

Yesterday was a good day.

Let's hope for more of the same today. We have a new leader in the very early stages of Bowl Game Hysteria:

GR: 11
AW: 10
MH: 10
JR: 9
RO: 8
MR: 6
SS: 6
JG: 5
MC: 4

Here's what we've got today:

NCST vs. WV (-2.5)
GR, the current leader, is the only one on NCST for today. This could either grow his lead or bring him back into 3rd place. I'm really torn with this one and won't be playing it either way. Gun to the head I pick WV because of their D...but I really don't know what will happen.

IOWA vs. MIZZ (-1)
MR and RO are on IOWA in this one but the rest of us have MIZZOU. I couldn't possibly like MIZZOU any more in this game - I think they win this one very easily. IOWA has lost 3 in a row, lost a ton of skill players for this game, and I think everyone is ready for next year...so I'm guessing they roll over and die tonight. I love the late night start of 9pm...going to be a late night at my house watching every last second of this beat down.
Go Tigers!!

Other plays for the day - no, I will not be picking either way in the Vikes game tonight...actually, I'm not really even expecting to watch much of it.

We have some afternoon B10 Hoops with PUR (-4) visiting MICH...home teams dominate in this series and I really don't think much of PUR without Hummel. I'm taking points and the Wolverines to give me something to follow during the workday...and I am using that term loosely this week!

Tonight we have the Gophers getting (+8) at WIS. Tubby has owned Bo by winning the last 3 games against the BADgers. Although I think 8 might be a lot, this Gopher team just hasn't done much to impress me the last month and unless they start making their FT's (62% on the year) I don't think I can pick them tonight. Although I think with Nolen playing they have a shot at an outright W, I really don't think I'll play this one either way - I hate betting against the Gophs, and that's probably the way I'd lean tonight.

One game I will be playing is SYR (-13) hosting PROVIDENCE. PROV likes to run and play a fast tempo but they don't shoot very well from the arc. Bad, bad, bad for playing the 'Cuse. SYR will slow it down with that nasty zone and if you can't hit 3's against it then you might be screwed. I usually don't like to give this many points in a conference game, but I think I'm taking the Orange tonight at -13.

Enjoy the sports filled day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment