Thursday, April 15, 2010

NCAA Rule Changes

Just a quick one today around stuff I'm thinking about and reading today.

1. No more eye black messages in NCAA Football
Shoot, those were so fun. I was just waiting for Nike or Subway or someone else to get a "school" sponsorship and have those showing up on these stupid messages. Good thing the NCAA put a stop to this before it got too crazy. Funny that they waited until after the second coming (Tebow) graduated.

2. Taunting = No TD!
This one is a much bigger deal and could cause some issues this season. For 2010, if you taunt the other team while going in to score a TD it will be called back. I haven't read enough to know the details, but this seems absolutely ridiculous. Another case of the NCAA trying to take the most emotional sport in the world and squeeze the emotion out of it. 15 yards on the kickoff/XP is one thing, but taking away TD's might be a little too far.

3. TEBOW
How is this guy possibly a 1st round pick!!!!???? I just don't understand it...Mike Mayock says, "he has everything you want in a QB except mechanics." Wow, so he does everything well except throw how you need him to? Isn't that kind of critical? If the whole throwing thing didn't matter, then why don't more no talent "leader" types play QB in the NFL? Whoever makes this pick and is counting on him to start within a couple years is setting their franchise back 5 years. Dumb.

4. Baseball Bets
4-1 again yesterday, with a 2-0 slate on the NHL playoffs...I can't be stopped. Actually no games that intrigue me today, but I'll pump it up again for the weekend. If this goes on for too much longer I'm going to have to start selling my services.

5. NFL Draft
This used to be one of the biggest and best days of the year for me...and now I'm at the point where I couldn't really care less. Maybe it's just my freaky love for the NCAA game, but I have looked at zero draft stuff and it's only a week away. I'll probably watch it here and there, but it's far from must see TV like it once was. I'm actually more pumped for next TUES for the schedule release - time to start breaking it down and finding some sneaky plays to identify early in the season. Anyone think the primetime idea is good? It ruins the sacred all day Saturday rube-fest that used to go on all across the country, but they're probably making more $$$ out of the deal...so that seems to be what the NFL is all about.

All right - here are some plays for today, hard to go a whole day without some action:

MLB
TEX is good w/Harrison throwing at CLE
PHI always a good pick over WASH
TOR and Eveland, something about LHP in TOR seems to be working
Sheets and OAK tonight over BAL, who is terrible!

NHL
BOS/BUF - under 5
LA +200 at VAN

There you go - bet the farm on all 6...or don't, my run has to run sometime, could it be today?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment