Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Football Season!!!!!

The Football news is coming fast and furious lately...some of the best of the best:

1. VIKES at GB Sunday Night football OCT 24th...just happens to be Vegas week for 2010!! I think it's safe to say we're staying an extra night and heading out on Monday rather than red-eyeing it this year.

2. GOPHERS games times being announced...here we go:

N.ILL and the OHIOST games will be in Primetime at the Bank on BTN!
We'll know the NW gametime by May 1st, and the SD and USC times by July 1st.

3. NFL DRAFT
This is tomorrow, but the hype just isn't there this year because #1 we're picking 30th and #2 it's in primetime. KFAN picked Tebow this morning for the Purple...if that happens I might have a tough time watching them this season. Seriously, how does that make any sense at all. Get someone who can help you win right now and not be a side show circus for 2 years before being the worst Purple QB since the Spurgeon Wynn Experience. It's tough to predict who will be there at 30, but I'm hoping/believing all this Tebow steam is just a smokescreen in hopes that they can get someone to trade up to get him and allow them to trade out because they actually don't like anyone in that spot. We'll see tomorrow night.

4. Baseball picks are slowing down...broke even last night, which has been the case for the last few days. It's getting a little tougher to predict I guess. Maybe I'll have to switch to the NBA/NHL playoffs....and lose all of them instead of only 1/2 of them! I'm switching over to full-on football mode already, MLB held my interest for about a month...but it's time to start some football prep work. When do you get ready for a street fight, you have to start getting ready right now.


Finally, the final topic of the Daily 5...VEGAS baby VEGAS! As mentioned above the date for this year is OCT 22-23-24 returning on the morning of the 25th (Monday). I've talked to a few of you already, but I want to send this out as an open invite to anyone who is willing to come and watch sports, gamble your ass off, and drink until you can't see. I'll be booking in mid-summer for some of us, but I'm not putting 12 Vegas trips on my card, that could be a bad thing. Once we are locked in, and if you're still up in the air, I will send out our plan and you can feel free to book your own or together with another group and hook up with us out in Vegas. It's an amazingly good time - cost just depends on what you plan on gambling with...average trip is usually about $500 for all accommodations.

I'd love to have a large group to join in the "Who Hates Iowa!" chant this season...3 of us last year, but I'm hoping for at least 6-8 of us for 2010. Anyway, please let me know if you are interested so I have an idea of what to expect (I know it's 6 months away...but get it on your calendar now to lock yourself in).

I'm going to be scanning the air fares and hotel pricing over the next couple of months looking for a hot deal before everyone else realizes that fall is coming and rates start to go up.

Let's shut it down with a little PJ...haven't done this for a while:
Loving this song right now...UNTHOUGHT KNOWN

All the thoughts you never see
You are always thinking
Brain is wide, the brain is deep
Oh, are you sinking?

Feel the path of every day
Which road you taking?
Breathing hard, making hay
Yeah, this is living

No comments:

Post a Comment