Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Notes on a football free Tuesday

Just a couple of things to discuss right now - waiting for a meeting so I've got 15 minutes...here we go.

IOWA fans are hilarious. I watched this , and laughed. The Hogeye faithful are okay with a close win because UNI would be a middle of the pack team in the B10. This is a D1AA squad that was playing without their top WR, starting 2 true freshman at CB, and missing 2 of their top 3 RB's...and they should have beaten Iowa! On Iowa message boards the discussion was around how this effects their National Championship hopes...you can't make it up. The worst part is that if the Panthers were just able to get a kick off in the last 7 seconds they could have won. I realize they are a nice D1AA team, but when you are talking B10 title and National Championships in Hogeye land for 2009, you should not be playing UNI to a 17-16 thriller. I think it's just a sign of all the good things to come for the remainder of the year for my favorite club.

A couple of QB notes...

Sam Bradford apparently reads the bible, specifically the story of David vs. Goliath, before every game. Really Sam? You won the Heisman, you play for Oklahoma, do you realize that you are not David in this story? He's trying to get into the Tebow stratosphere with his biblical tendencies.

And the complete opposite to this story...Terrelle Pryor. I hope you've all seen his Mike Vick comments. He wore some kind of tribute to Vick on his eye black for the game against Navy (good karma) and had these genius quotes afterword...'everyone kills people, everyone murders people'. Everyone Terrelle? Yikes. I know the guy is only 19, but can you be a bigger moron than going out and defending Mike Vick? I hope the Buckeyes get waxed by 40 this week against the Trojans. I don't care what it does for the B10, I want to see teams like OSU, IOWA, WIS, MICH lose as many games as possible.

Good news on Gopher injury front - everyone is okay and expected to play against AF.

Finally, I know most of you have been hesitant to join Twitter, but here's another reason. Common Man broke down and as of today is officially on board. I found it to be an extremely fun and useful way to banter throughout college football saturday this past week. Especially if you can do it from your phone, I think you should jump on board! I'll be throwing lots of things out there this week watching lots of football - it's same as texting but it goes to everyone and it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment