Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Coaches on Hot Seat for 2010

Bruce Feldman has posted his Top 10 Hot Seat coaches...guess who made the cut.

1. Zooker
Shocking. He makes one Rose Bowl and has a handful of horrible years. How do you think this year will turn out? I'm guessing with him looking for a Recruiting Coordinator position at a different school.

2. Dan Hawkins - COL
16-33 at COL...not quite what they were hoping for. I really don't see it getting any better, this guy really can't coach - I think it's been proven that Petersen was the man behind the success at BOISE the whole time. I don't think it's likely he survives this year and I can't see him getting another job as a HC for a while.

3. DickRod
Dead. Unless the D drastically improves he might as well start looking right now. Add to the horrible performances with a potential scandal and sanctions...I give him 2% chance of surviving this season with anything less than 8 wins. His offense is working for the most part, but the D is awful...and I can't see that changing. Hate to brag, but I called his death before last season started and told the world to temper their enthusiasm after the nice 4-0 start last year.

4. Todd Dodge - NTEX Mean Green
Can you really have a Hot Seat at N.Texas? Next.

5. Paul Wulff - WASH ST.
How this guy hasn't been fired yet I will never know. 2 seasons, 3-22, can't score and can't stop anyone. This is a case of a little school guy trying to step up and just being totally unprepared. One more season of comedy in Pullman, then he'll be gone and WASU will likely once again be a P10 member that has a chance.

6. Ralph Friedgen - MARY
They already have a coach in waiting, so I don't think I'd refer to this as a hot seat. His squads have struggled lately, but overall I think he can coach. I doubt he gets fired, but maybe the transition will happen after this season.

7. Greg McMackin - HAW
Gay slur guy - probably not the best way to start your HC run. They have struggled since June Jones left, and they struggled before he got there. Hmmm...maybe they should have just anted up and kept their program on the map.

8. Dennis Erickson - ASU
I think he's lost his touch a little bit. This team started hot in his tenure, but it has been rough the lately. I can't imagine him getting fired, barring a major disaster, but you have to think he will get sick of mediocrity sooner than later.

9. BREWSTER
Yeah, this is definitely warranted. He has talked a big game from day one, and now it's time to win some meaningful games. The last 2 seasons have been very Mason-esque, which isn't what we were hoping for. Whether that was expecting too much from a 1st time coach or not, this University has no excuse to not be competing regularly with the neighbors to the South and East...so if it doesn't happen this season I doubt Brew will get a chance to make it happen in 2011.

10. Mike Sherman - A&M
Weird hire when it happened, but this team should be tough this season. They score a lot, which makes it fun to watch, but I don't understand why they can't play any D. I think he'll keep this job if he wants to, but I don't think the Aggies would be excited with anything less than 8 wins.


4.

No comments:

Post a Comment