Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Golf/Cards Gathering - 1 month away

So we are exactly one month away from the June 19th gathering at my place for a day of competition. I've started looking into things a bit and want to throw out some questions to try and lock in who will be there and who won't and use that to determine the plans for the day.

1. Please let me know if you will be attending - it's likely going to be an all day Saturday with golf starting around 10ish, followed by cards the rest of the night.

2. Here's who I've heard from:
JG - Y
GR - Y
MR - Y
Bomb - Y?
Chris & Tim Roe - Y?
SS - Not likely

There are still a few of you on the list that I'm waiting on, once I have a somewhat final list I will make some plans. Right now I'm expecting about 8-10, and I can scrounge up a couple more if necessary to make the golf teams work out right.

GOLF
I'm thinking we can get started around 10ish on that morning. I figure we can get in 27 and still have plenty of time to get back and throw lots of cards around. I've looked at a lot of places, but it might be tricky to get 3 consecutive tee times on a great course on a Saturday morning...but I will try. I've also contacted a couple of courses looking for some kind of a deal so we'll be allowed to play 27, if not then we'll roll through 18 only. I'm thinking a best shot format would be the best plan to keep everyone sane. I've played golf with most of you, and I think we're pretty even for the most part...but those of you I haven't played with will have to fill me in so we can get some even teams or at least correct handicaps.

So what do I need - let me know if you plan on coming for golf/cards/both/overnight...my wife pointed out that sleeping arrangements could be tricky and that I need to start planning for it. So while I'm not too worried about it, I want to have a good idea of how many guys plan on spending the night.

Once I have a list, I'll send out more details on the rest of the day. I'm really looking forward to it guys - hope you can all make it.

One last thing - any insight on courses would be helpful...here's what I'm thinking:
Island View (Waconia), Bluff Creek (Chan), Stonebrooke (Shakopee), Braemar (Edina), Chaska Town (Chaska)

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment