Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gophers - USC 2:30 ESPN

1. I found this a couple of different places, so I'll go with it as being official. 2:30 kickoff for the matchup with the Trojans this September.

I also think there is potential for a nice time slot on the PSU game because most of the B10 games have already been announced as 11am, it's Vegas week so another 2:30 game would be outstanding.

2. B10 Expansion seems to be finally figuring some things out - MIZZOU, NEB, RUTGERS will all be part of the league, why would they turn us down? ND on the other hand still seems hesitant, and I highly doubt that they will give in and join until something else happens. So that would put us at 14...would they stay there or look for 2 more? I have a hard time believing that the B10 won't lead the way to the 16 team mega conference, so once these initial 3 invites are accepted I look for the conference to send out 2 more and get their numbers up to 16. The Big East will be done and the B12 will also likely be done. It will end up being about 4-5 mega conferences that will dominate the entire landscape of NCAA Football.

3. Baseball
Wow, I'm really hating my Braves pick right now - this team can't score any runs, but I'll stick with it...until next month at least.

4. Tigger
He played lik garbage 2 weeks ago, then once he fell totally out of contention this week he just quit. I know, I know, he has a severe neck injury that he just couldn't play through any more...whatever. Yeah, he's been battling it for weeks and playing through it...but he just couldn't any more once he realized he was a complete non-factor last Sunday. Hilarious. This guy's game/life is falling apart so quickly I don't know if I'll have enough time to take it all in. His golf game is very shaky right now and I am starting to think he might not ever make it back to regular "Tigger Level" championship form. I'll go out on a limb and put a bet on the ZERO Major wins this year for Tigger. Now I hear that his swing coach has bailed on him - when it rains it pours.

5. VIKES
Finally, I have some bad feelings about the Purple this season. Everyone is expecting so much, but a couple of days ago I just started getting this bad feeling that it will not be such a smooth ride this year. Will Favre get hurt? Will he for sure be back? Will he not have another career year? I haven't put my finger on it yet, but I am just feeling a little doom and gloom for the Purple right now. I think the defense could drop a bit with the Williams' suspension and the very likely Sack Tracker hold out. The offense, without a QB, is not impressive. I think the schedule is tougher than last year as well. I don't like this feeling, but I just don't see the domination like they had last year and I think it might be a very unfulfilled final year from #4. I hope I have a change of heart, but I'm a little frightened about the Purple right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment