Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 7 Picks...Vegas Baby, VEGAS!




Big one this week - lots of interesting picks and lots of big games in both NCAA and NFL...and I'm going to Vegas! Here we go:

NCAA
JR: CIN, WIS, BC, NEB, MN, BYU, COL, A&M, SOMISS, STAN
JG: WIS, OHIOST, CAL, NEB, MN, SC, ND, VT, BAY, ILL
MR: CIN, TEX, WIS, OHIOST, TT, ND, GT, AUB, OKST, WASH
MK: BOISE, USF, PITT, OK, WIS, WV, ND, GT, KAN, ILL
AW: PITT, WIS, GEO, CAL, MN, ALA, VT, A&M, ILL, FAU
GR: BOISE, CIN, PITT, TEX, WIS, BC, MN, SC, USC, VT
MH: CIN, IOWA, OHIOST, CAL, NEB, PSU, USC, VT, IND, STAN
MC: ULM, WIS, MISST, OHIO, WY, NEB, AKR, KENT, HAW, SOMISS

NFL
JR: STL, MIN, PHI, SEA, NE
JG: HOU, JAC, TB, PHI, TEN
MR: MIN, NO, SEA, ATL, DEN
MK: CIN, MIN, KC, SEA, ATL
AW: MIN, NYG, WAS, ARI, CHI
GR: CIN, MIN, PHI, NE, ATL
MH: CIN, MIN, NYG, ARI, NE
MC: CIN, PIT, TB, ARI, NYJ

There's the list...time for some harassment.

- BOISE, what the hell? Nice effort last night. They should have easily won that game by 2 TD's...enjoy your 12-0 that nobody is going to care about

- LOVE CINCY tonight...as do a lot of you guys. USF with a true frosh at QB is not a good thing tonight

- Nobody jumped on SPARTY even though NW is HORRIBLE! Good thing, I think the awful Cats still cover because that's what Sparty does

- Like WF to cover at CLEM...ACC Dogs are never a bad play

- OK-TEX, really unsure on this one. MROE LOVES TEXAS...Colt McCoy is his man-crush. I usually have an opinion on this one and it's usually wrong...I think OK might sneak up on them...so bet TEXAS

- 7 of 8 on the BECKY to end the Hogeyes little dream season...HEINERT, WTF? Iowa is not that good, WIS is not that good...I think I'll have to bet on this game, but I might back out because I don't know if I can hold a ticket that says "WIS to win".

- BALLST in a sneaky upset over BGSU...nobody picked it!

- AW likes GEO covering -7.5 at VAN...DANGEROUS PICK! I think VAN plays close.

- 3 guys on CAL at UCLA...Hate it! UCLA wins outright.

- BC covers at home vs. NCST...they were exposed big time last week

- NEB at -6 is lock of the week...this line has moved to -10.5, which is much closer...but I really like NEB -6

- HEINERT...you are also the only one to pick PSU...stop killing the good karma we are trying to create!

- A couple guys on SC to cover 17.5...I think I'm on board with that

- Thought long and hard about CMU -7 at WMU...passed because of a rivalry game on the road, but I really think CMU is much better than WMU

- 3 on ND, 2 on USC...it's a tricky line with the poor USC offense, but ND has not seen anything close to this defense...and I hate them. GO TROJANS!!

- Had a MARY vibe early in the week as a home dog...kind of cooled on it and ended up not picking it...but I still like them over VIR

- COLST will cover the 19 at TCU...again nobody picked it

- HAW should cover 12 at IDAHO, who hasn't been a 12 pt FAV ever!

- VT-GT game is going to be great. I couldn't make a pick so I didn't include it on mine. We have 4 on VT and 2 on GT...I think VT is better, but hard to turn down 3 pts at home for the Jackets

- I think COL puts it all together this week and covers at home on KAN. MK disagrees, but seriously KAN almost lost to ISU at home last week...enough said.

- JG picks BAYLOR...anti-Clone work continues!!

- LOVE A&M at KST...they are terrible and A&M isn't too bad and can score some serious points

- I also took SOMISS, I still think MEM is one of the worst 20 teams this year...unless they play UTEP! F*CK!

- We still have 3 believers in Ron Zook this week...I think IND beats them, that's how overrated and horrible the Illini are right now.

- AUB -13 is tricky, UK might show another offensive outburst like last week at SC

- STAN +6...LOVE IT! AZ is not that good and I think STAN is going the right way.

- ARK covers 24 this week...they have an offense (but FLA has the best D...Top 10 all-time) but I think FLA lays off enough with the Tebow questions...we'll see

- Liking MIZZOU at OKST - I think they are out for revenge after losing to NEB and losing to a much better OKST team last year

- ASU -4 vs. WASH...tough call, but I'm leaning toward ASU because of a WASH letdown, which we've seen a couple times this season already

NFL Thoughts

- Looks like lots of love for CIN this week...I hate it. All they do is play close games, HOU isn't too bad, they are giving more than a FG = no cover

- I think STL covers the 10.5, JAC is totally a jekyl/hyde team, but I think STL can give them a run if they stop turning it over all the time!

- 6 on VIKES...yes, 6-0.

- NYG-NO is probably game of the week...not convinced that NO D is for real, but I know NYG are great...give me NYG with points

- CAR will lose at TB this week...probably.

- WAS could lose to KC this week...probably.

- SEA will house ARI this week - at home they are $ and I still don't think much of the "super bowl loser cursed" Cards

- TEN plays no pass D, they are playing Brady and Moss...easy $

- CHI-ATL is another great one this week. I took BEARS, but I might be swayed by the time it comes to putting the cash down...tough call. I'm hoping to be up $500 by this point in the weekend and I'll just bet on both teams (a la MROE 2 years ago!)

- DEN-SD should be a solid MNF game as well. Hard to bet against DEN at this point, only thing I could see is a let down from the emotional NE win last week.


Ok. I still have some time to kill, so here's some other crap I've run into over the last few days:

- Bobby Bowden went 71-2 in the ACC from 1992-2000...he's 0-3 this year!

- Anyone see this? Scott Tolzien (WIS QB) gets no love from his own team
LINK: http://www.thewizofodds.com/the_wiz_of_odds/2009/10/somebody-please-give-this-man-a-hand.html

- ESPN Blog picks the BECKY over Hogeyes 24-23...10 minutes after it was posted no less than 20 Hogeye fans posted nasty comments to Rittenberg saying how wrong he is and much meaner things...they think Madison will be a cake walk. Once again they made the comment that thew crowd won't be a problem because they don't really audible. IALTO

- I haven't seen the line yet, but JG's Football Club is playing in the playoffs next week...I'll be sure to include it on our list. Early projection, JG +12

GOPHERS vs. PSU

Happy Valley - looks like low 40's and a huge downpour Saturday morning. PSU message boards are talking about how nobody is going to go to the game because it's only the Gophers and it is going to be shitty out. PSU has beaten nobody, got crushed by Iowa at home, and is kind of off the radar right now.

Basically, this couldn't be any more of a perfect storm for the upstart and suddenly confident Gophers. They are going in with nothing to lose, as even the experts (+17!) pick them to have no chance this week.

How do we get it done? AWEB needs to stay upright and not turn it over. We need to see Gray and the backs get loose and run the ball effectively, especially in the garbage weather. We need to continue to stellar play from our SPT, and our D needs to force at least a couple of critical turnovers. Odds of this happening...actually not too bad I think. Their D is really strong, but the weak point is their secondary. Decker should be able to do some things, they always lean heavily on him in big games. The running game has shown signs of life recently...so that must continue. In the Vegas upset of LY over ILL we ran it well, forced TO, and didn't make any huge mistakes on O while playing great on SPT. That's the recipe, let's do it again.

In a sloppy mess...GOPHERS 23 PSU 21 and we leave the field with the Governor's Victory Bell on our back! A trophy for TCF! Hooray!

And this accompanies the team back to TCF Saturday Night! With edits this song actually works out really well for a victory sing-a-long...see below

METALLICA - For Whom the Bell Tolls!
Make his fight on the hill in the early day (~2:30)
Constant chill deep inside (40 and rain)
Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey (or GRAY #5)
On the fight, for they are right, yes, by whos to say? (we're right, Gophs +17)
For a hill(or a BREW) men would kill, why? they do not know
Suffered wounds test their pride
Men of five (or 3 of us), still alive through the raging glow (hopefully alive until the end of the game)
Gone insane from the pain that they surely know (Gophs win = we will be insane)

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls


Too much time on my hands today...counting down the hours until take off...22.5 and counting.

Have a great one guys - lots of text, blog, twitter updates throughout the day on SAT/SUN assuming things are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment