Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 8 Results

With week 8 almost in the books...here's how we did:

JR 8-7
MR 7-8
MK 6-8 (has DEN tonight)
JG 6-9

I won!! woo-hoo! first time for everything I guess. It all came down to the NFL yesterday, as usual...but we'll start with the NCAA results:

MK won NCAA at 6-4, MR and JR went 5-5, JG with a 4-6 mark this week.

Week got off to a tough start Thursday night for all of you with the BYU blunder. I told you TCU...nobody listens.

MK nailed NW...I really thought PUR would put up a fight and win. I think this losing thing is getting to the Boilers heads'...let's hope it continues.

MK and JG got housed with their WF pick...never pick against the Turtle at home...no matter how shitty they have been, they always play well at home.

MR made a nice call on RUTGERS over UCONN. JG missed on UCONN. I was surprised by this one, why I don't know. I guess I thought UCONN could handle a bad team...wrong. Are you ready for the Pitt Panthers to represent the BigEast in the BCS?!?! Yikes.

MK nailed GT - I changed my pick on this one after finding out all the injuries CLEM had coming in. A nice fight, but I think GT is real deal. A close 2nd to Timmy Brew for coahc of the year...Paul Johnson.

JR and MR tursted the damn Badgers, who are now 0-4...Badgers 0-4, how great is that! Iowa might be turning the corner a bit, but still it's only at IND and WIS at home...not exactly great competition. I'll wait to see what happens in 2 weeks at ILL.

JG hit Vandy on a cover. Nice. A lesson for all of us, you don't need to pick winners, just covers. 15 in a competitive SEC game is a big line, especially the way Vandy plays.

JG also hit on the Huskers. He had to bet against one of our least favorite teams this week, so the Clones were it. They sucks alot. Huskers sitll aren't for real.

I hit on OKST...how can you not bet on a team that has won easily and covered every week this year!!

MR and JG hit OHIOST in a big way. I liked them as well, but didn't make it in my Top 10. MSU looked totally overmatched, and next week for OSU-PSU is a big one for the B10 and the Rose Bowl and the Gopher Bowl hopes.

MR and MK hit on MIAMI at DUKE...although it was scary. DUKE is like Wacker Gophers right now...fun 2 watch.

MR thought OK would rebound and house KAN...close but no cigar. KAN is better than they get credit for.

JG made a tough NC pick at a suddenly hot VIR team and lost outright.

I might have made the worst pick of the week with NAVY hosting PITT. MK took the Panthers and housed!!

I made the last second switch to STAN, and lost. Suck.

My NILL pick won easily at -7. I think I've picked them the last 6 weeks in a row.

JG's MICH play looked very promising early, then they got hammered.

My lock of the week was COL, of course it didn't win. COL scored zero in the 2nd half and slipped by a bad KST team 14-13. Boo.

MR liked UK, but they aren't very good. And I guess ARK isn't as bad as they appeared earlier this year.

JR and MR took OSU at WASH. at -14 this is free money.

I hit ULL at -4, barely.

JR and MK missed on VT at BC...BC appears to be the best ACC team right now outside of GT. Should be a close finish.

MR and JG missed bad on the MIZZOU pick. TEXAS is fricking good.

JR and MK hit on ILLINOIS. not becasue they are great, but Indiana might be one of the worst D1 teams around!!

All 3 of you hit on LSU. I liked the Cocks in this one. You're right, I'm wrong.

MK missed the late nighter with Cal losing at AZ. Cats at home are nice, Bears on the road are not good.

No GOPHERS = not as much fun on Saturday.

I did go 29-23 to up my overall record to a beautiful 205-169 (55%). Not good enough to get paid for it, but good enough to be ahead. one losing week out of eight...I'll take it. I haven't calculated it all, but I think my MAC/SUNBELT records are off the charts while I struggle more with the bigger conferences. hmmm.

NFL Action - UGLY.
I liked the BILLS, MK and JG missed on the Super-Chargers. You guys forgot the West coast team playing on east coast at noon...never a winner.

I also loved CAR, MR took N.O. Brees and Co. play well about every other week, so they were due. CAR is not a bad club.

MR nailed the BEARS...I had it and then bailed on it. nice pick.

MR took the points and CINCY. Yuck. Not a good week for big points...unless...

You liked the RAMS. Dallas...wtf? they are terrible all of a sudden.

JG hit TEN, why did we all not hit this one. Best team in the NFL vs. one of the 3 worst only giving 7.5. no-brainer.

MK missed on MIA, I thought BAL was a mirage as well, but after looking at their recent 3 game losing streak...PITT, TN, IND...they may be a playoff team.

JR and MR bet against the Lions, and almost won. one damn FG away from a nice NFL week.

We all loved INDY at GB except for MR....this usually spells disaster, and it didn't disappoint. Colts got housed.

NYJ layed an egg for MK and JG. How do you let OAK beat you? NYJ aren't a good club either.

TB skinned by on Sunday night to get me over the top for the week. God, it was great to see Seneca playing QB again, what a talent.

MK had DEN tonight...I think you're good. I did pick NE at home, but I'm starting to re-think it.

Fun stuff. I will post new games tomorrow morning.

Also - want to get this out there, Anna and family are heading to New Ulm on MICH week...I'll be attending the game and then I'm up for a GIANT college football Saturday (NOV 8th I believe is the date). I hope all of you or some of you may be available...should be the best time I've had since...Vegas I guess.

Let me know...we'll make some plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment