Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week 8 Picks

Here we go, another week.

Tonight all 3 of you have BYU...I didn't pick it, but I like TCU. BYU is overhyped, TCU is underhyped. Frogs will win.

MK took NW despite their loss last week...I think PUR gets them.

MK and JG like WAKE at MARY...I like this one too.

MR took RUT at home, JG likes UCONN on the road...big battle between the top 2 pickers thus far. I'll take UCONN...RUT still sucks.

MK takes GT at CLEM. This is a scary one to me...I think CLEM wins one with some rejuvenated players.

JR and MR took Becky at IOWA. JG said it best - game should be canceled due to lack of interest. Did you hear about the Becky Backing Wacko who is so anti-Bielema right now be got a hold of some of their recruits phone numbers and started calling them and telling them to go elsewhere?!?! Wow, greatest fans around, huh. I love seeing the lack of interest in Beckyville these days. Same could be said for the Hawks...the loser of this one might be dun-dee the rest of the year.

JG thinks the smart kids rebound and cover 15 at GEO. I think he might be right.

JG also took NEB at ISU. The Clones looked brutal LW, NEB looked okay...so this is probably going to be a rout in favor of the Clones. I'll take ISU to cover 5.5

JR takes OKST at home against BAY. OKST seems to be the real deal...a bit of a letdown scare here for me, but BAY still doesn't play D...OKST scores by the bunches.

MR and JG like OSU at MSU. I like the Buckeyes too, but I've been coutning MSU out for the last few weeks...so can they shock me again?

MR and MK like MIAMI at Duke. I'm with them, Duke is coming back down to playing regular Duke football.

MR likes OK at home vs. KAN. I think OK wins but doesn't cover. I still think KAN is a decent team.

JG took the Heels at the suddenly hot VIR CAVS. I like this pick. Heels are tough right now.

JR took NAVY, MK took PITT. Gimme NAVY all day as a home dog against a still under achieving PITT team.

A couple more obscure picks for me...NILL hosting TOLEDO - these guys are not good, MICH is just worse. I also like NEV on a major rebound after a bad loss last week to crush UTST.

JG took the Wolverines to cover 24 at PSU. Scary betting on MICH or against PSU right now...good luck.

JR took COL hosting KST as lock of the week. KST still blows.

MR likes UK to rebound and ARK to stay terrible this week - I like this pick.

JR and MR took OREST at WASH. no brainer.

JR likes ULL hosting ARKST.

JR and MK took VT at BC. Still riding my VT as ACC champs pick.

MR and JG are counting on a TEXAS let down hosting MIZZOU. This is very likely.

JR and MK like ILL at home against IND. Wow, the Hoosiers are bad. ILLINI looking to put up 100 to make up for last week.

All 3 of you like LSU at SC. I am going the other way. I think Spurrier has their number this year.

Finally, MK likes CAL over AZ...I agree. AZ screwed me again LW. I can't pick an AZ game the right way to save my life.


NFL PICKS

MK and JG like SD...I think BUFF in this one.

MR likes the SAINTS...I like th PANTHERS.

JR and MR like the BEARS...sorry Vikes, you're f*cking terrible.

MR likes CINCY hosting PITT...hmmm. Another classic ROE huge dog pick that loses by 25+? yep.

JG took TEN -7.5 at KC...nice pick.

MK likes MIA at home vs. BAL...this is solid as well.

MR and JG took an underdog STL club hosting DAL. I like it.

JR and MR like HOU -10 hosting a powerful DET club. I'm calling 34-3.

Everyone but MR likes INDY in GB this week.

Everyone but ROE also likes NYJ at OAK this week. JG - what happened to the OAK faith we were seeing in VEGAS?

JR took TB -10 hosting SEA, because they suck a lot. I'm excited to see the great Seneca Wallace play this week, that should turn things around for them...not.

MK finally continues to ride the DEN train by picking them at NE on Monday. I like the Pats.


That's all for this week. More commentary next week when I'm finally back to normal. Also, I'll throw out an extensive Vegas recap next week if I get a chance to relive the good times.

Thanks Guys - have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Quick update - I changed a couple picks, wanted to verify with all of you:

    pass on BEARS, take BILLS
    pass on JETS, take PANTHERS
    pass on NEV, take STAN

    that's it.

    let me know if you want to make any changes as well. you can either shoot me a note, or just post it on here and it will be time stamped so we know it's legit.

    have a good one.

    ReplyDelete