Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 6 - Predictions

All the picks are in and we're set for Week 6 of NCAA and Week 5 of the NFL...here we go:

JR went against his usual picks and took MEM tonight -5 at UAB...scary picking a road favorite on THUR night!!

MR like the Bulls at home -13.5 vs. a garbage Pitt club.

MK took OREST to cover the 10.5 at UTAH.


Saturday:

Everyone has an opinion on the Gophs this weekend, per usual MK, JG, JR like the Gophs...MR took the Hoosiers.

I really think this should be a win and cover for the Gophs. Indiana has shown nothing promising so far, and the Gophs really haven't played a really bad game yet. Let's hope this continues and our new look D shuts the door on the running of Kellen Lewis, which is really the only thing I'm worried about on this team. Indiana's defesne is brutal, so i see the Gophers getting into the 30's pretty easily...overall, I'll call for a 37-21 win...1-1 in the B10 and 1 win away from a Bowl Game in 08!

I was suprised that nobody but me jumped on the KAN -13 at the Clones. I really think KAN is still a solid team that showed me a lot on the road in the loss at USF. The Clones still blow, and should run into some trouble now that they have to play a real defense. Jayhawks crush...44-20.

MR took the "always bet against Army" approach and took Tulane -19 at home...nice pick.

I actually like ASU on the road at Cal this week in a bit of an upset. Cal lost their top TB and have a QB carousel going right now, so ASU, who can score some points, should be ready to try and get some respectability back. Devils straight up win this thing 27-24.

MR took ALA at home, I think UK might keep this one closer than 16.5...I'll say BAMA 24-13.

JR, MK, JG again agreed on the TTECH club only giving 6.5 at an underachiving KST team. I think I could pick TT every week, hard not to when you know they'll score in the 40's or 50's.

In a shocker, MK took the Canes and JG took the Noles...should be a close one. Any side bets this year guys? I like the Noles, I think they're just playing better than MIA right now. Has anyone even said a word about this game during the week? Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

I'm the only one who didn't bet on ILL at MICH. MK is a true Wolverine believer, but JG and MR took the Illini. I like Illinois...I just can't pick MICH ever. They still don't look like a good team, and Illinois can throw it around a bit...23-13 ILLINI.

MK and JG like AUB at VAN as a road favorite in the SEC. I still have to believe AUB is the better team in this one and think they will win and actually cover...12-7.

MK and JG also like UCONN, which I agree with. I thought NC was going to get toasted by MIA last week without their QB, but no. I've continued to underestimate UCONN all year, so now that I'm finally calling for a win they'll probably blow.

I was having bad flashback to VEGAS 07 when thinking about the WASH at ARIZ game this week. I don't think I'll ever forgive Ty Willingham and Co. for costing me $600...fuck him and the Huskies. Zona in a route...51-20. Willingham should be gone.

How about the respect N.ILL gets as only a 16 pt dog at TENNESSEE this week. I jumped on the Vols, but nobody else did. TN is struggling, but nothing like a nice MAC team to come in and get you back on track...38-10.

JG and MR went against each other this week in the USC-ORE matchup. JG took the dog (DUCKS) while MR likes the Trojans. I'm feeling ORE in this one, not to win but cover. After seeing OREST run all over USC on the ground, I think the Ducks can keep it close enough the same way. USC wins 28-17.

MR and JG agree on the Buckeyes going in giving 2.5 to Becky and the 0-1 Badgers. Thanks for picking against Becky and Iowa again this week JG - you rock! But I have a hard time betting against them in Camp Randall...especially as a home dog. I sadly have to go with the Badgers in a slugfest...21-19.

UPSET ALERT!!!
I hit a couple of these last week, so I figured I'd try again - here are some underdogs that could/should straight up win this weekend:
-NCST +8 at home vs. BC - MK picked this one as well...nice work.
-ASU as mentioned above at Cal
-NAVY at AF +6, MK likes the Falcons, but I think Navy gets them again
-RICE +14 at Tulsa - lots of points in this one, I think Rice may shock them
-don't hate me...NEB +10 at home at night against the Tigers of MIZZOU. I just feel like something bad could happen here.
-finally, in a mini-shocker, COL covering 14 at home vs. TEXAS. Nobody is playing as well as the Horns right now, but it's tough to play in Boulder...even tougher when you've rolled through everyone easily so far...even tougher still when you're looking ahead to a GIANT GAME w/ OK next week. Not sold on a COL win here, but I really like it to be a very close game.

NFL PICKS
How about those Vikes?!?! zzzzz....zzzzz....zzzz....zzzz...
The most boring team in the league takes Sunday off and head to NO this Monday. 3 of us have caught on to this year's Purple and wisely took the home Saints to cover 3. MK continues to hold out hope...might change after we lose 31-13 this week.

MR and MK like TEN at BAL - this squad looks pretty damn good to me.

MR with a sneaky pick in taking SEA at +7 at NYG...I like it.

JR and JG agree on 4 of the NFL picks this week: SAINTS, NE, CHI, INDY
How can you not bet against the Lions? Oh wait, MR took the Lions this week...interesting. Based on how things have gone for him this year, they show up and house the Bears 35-0.

MK also like the Pats at SF...why all the love for SF? They still look brutal to me.

MK continues to ride the most exciting team in football, the DEN Broncos at -3 hosting a very under the radar TB team this weekend.

MK also likes the JAGS at -4 hosting the Steelers on SUN NIGHT. I like PITT to cover that one...23-20 JAX.

JR took BUF as a road dog at AZ, MR likes the CARDS.

UPSET PICKS OF THE WEEK - NFL STYLE (dogs that will win outright)
Tough to pick these, but I thought I'd try:
TB +3 at DEN - no defense = no win
BUF +1.5 at AZ
BAL +3 hosting TEN - I still like TEN I think, but this one should come down to the wire. How impressive is Joe Flacco!?!? What I wouldn't do to have someone like that wearing Purple right now...the other Purple I guess.

That's all we've got for this week. This is your last chance to study hard and take it all in before the big trip next Friday - good luck!!

Go Gophs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment