Thursday, October 9, 2008

WEEK 7 PICKS

Here we go with the 7th week of the season...it should be a big one.

MK starts the action with WF tonight...love it.

MK and JG continue the tradition by taking a god awful IND team to cover 5.5 at home against Capt. Kirk.

Split on the TEX/OK game...I love OK a lot...MK likes OK as well, MR took the Horns...picking dogs appears to be a theme this week for Mr. Roe.

MK showing major faith in WV over SYR, or maybe he just thinks SYR is f*cking terrible, which is true.

JG is the only one brave enough to go with the Gophers this week, I will end up betting them in Vegas...maybe a teaser opportunity at +19ish.

I like SC at UK...I don't believe in UK at all.

JR and JG are hopping on the COL train at KAN...they burned me LW, so I am picking against them. CU runs well, KAN defense is suspect. Go Buffs!MK likes the Hawks at home where they are tough.

MK and JG took the Smart Kids at MISS ST...I like the dogs. Just have a feeling on this one, I think the miracle run stops now.

MR and JG love the points for ASU at USC. Personally, I think it's high, but if Carpenter doesn't play, and they continue to not be able to run the ball...USC might win 42-0.

I LOVE GEO at home vs. TEN. They continue to show that their losses this year have been anything but a fluke, and GEO is on the rebound looking to make a statement game and get back into the race.

MK picked Sparty on the road...it's Vegas week, why break tradition. I like NW in this one, I think MSU is a better team, but karma counts for something.

MK also took the Heels, I think the Irish find a way so for the 3rd straight week I am going against the Heels.

MR loves the points again with PUR +18 at an Ohio State University. I think PUR blows and the Buckeyes are hitting their stride...might be too many points though.

JG likes TCU at COLST...TCU houses everyone but OK this year...good pick.

MR took UCF to cover at the Canes, once again Roe takes big points.

I like NILL, I've ridden them for a few weeks now and they are not a bad club. MIAOH continues to be overrated and hasn't proven anything this year.

Roe likes a putrid ARK team and the points as well...I'm sensing a theme.

JR took AZ, have to bet the Cats on Vegas week...once again tradition will continue.

MR is giving points with BYU over NM this week. BYU hasn't given up a point at home yet...might be a really nice pick.

MK and JG continue on the I HATE IOWA warpath with their pick of Baylor -3.5 over the 'Clones.

JG goes against typical "bet against the teams we hate" fashion and picks the Huskers to cover 20 at TTECH. This game might be 81-7.

I like FIU over MDTN at -1. FIU lost 26 of 27 before winning the last 2 in a row...they're hot, don't bet against them.

Split on the FLA/LSU showdown this week. JR and MR took Super-human Tim Tebow and the Gators, MK took the Tigers. Did you know this is the first time the Tigers have been mroe than a FG underdog in the regular season in over 6 years!! wow, i've got a lot of time on my hands.

MR likes MIZZOU, and so do I. OKST has played nobody, MIZZOU has had a couple tests already and they're at home. MIZZOU wins 93-78.

MR went anti-christ on us and took Becky at home (I am leaning that way to, but my bet is TBD after 15 beers) and JG took Penn State. Nobody playing better than PSU right now, but can Sconny lose two in a row at home as a dog? I hope so.

Finally, JG took the points and UCLA on the road at ORE, who shocklingly MR decided to pick and give the points.

ROE is either +Double digits or -Double digits in 7 of his games this week...interesting.

UPSET ALERT...UPSET ALERT...UPSET ALERT...
My upset picks for the week:
LOVE MISS ST as a slight dog at home over VANDY
NW at home +3 vs. Sparty
ND at +7 at NC

NFL PICKS

I haven't even thought about Sunday yet with all the research I've been doing for the 47 games on Saturday, but here's what we look like:

MR and MK both like the Aints at home against the Raiders.

Mike and Mike go against each other on the next one with ROE taking points and the suddenly upstart Bungals at NYJ. MK on the Jets. Tough call on this one, but I still can't believe the CINCY club is for real. I love a Jets teaser on this one.

JR and JG both like the Bears at ATL. I think Ryan will struggle against this Defense, and believe it or not Kyle Orton is looking like a QB. I'm hoping for 3 Devin Hester RECEIVING TD's this week (I just picked him up to start on my fantasy squad).

MR, always a hater, took the lowly Lions to cover 14 at the Purple. Boo.

I like WASH at home. STL is f*cking terrible, and WASH has beaten down everyone in their path since the opener.

JR, MR, MK all like Carolina this week at TB. We are 1-3 the last 2 weeks when 3 of us like the same team. uh-oh.

JR and JG split on this one, I really think MIAMI is solid so I took them +3 at HOU. JG likes the Texans to get out of the winless bucket.

JR took BAL at IND, 5.5 is too high and Indy might now be that great of a team this year. This has FG game written all over it.

JG took the Pack, I think they are much worse than we thought, but SEA is still shitty. Pack should be a safe bet.

JG also like PHILLY...I'm still not sold on SF being decent, but the oddsmakers continue to give them credit.

MK took his former club, the 'Boys, on the road at AZ. Dallas has struggled in AZ in the past. I'm torn on this game...once again a betting decision will come after 12-20 beers on Sunday.

MR took the Pats. I'm not sold on this NE team being anything close to the class of the AFC, while I think SD is solid. Give me the Super-Chargers.

MK and JG took what seems to be a layup on Monday night with the NYG giving 7 at CLE. CLE has showed no signs of life this year, if they don't Monday I'll completely write them off. NYG should roll, they are frickin' good and still seem to struggle to get respect.


GOPHERS-ILLINI
Well, this is a big one for Timmy Brew and Co. The Illini are coming off a giant win at MICH and appear to be for real again this year. Their 2 losses have come to a couple of the elite teams in the country, so it's hard to count that against them. The Gophers are coming off a B10 win, which we haven't been able to say in a while, but didn't look real good last week. What will happen?...ILLINI come out pumped and get a nice 2 score lead early, I'm thinking a SpT TD or something weird. But the Gopehrs settle in and roll with the WEBER-DECKER connection for a while to stay alive. 17-7 at half. In the 2nd half, the Gopher defense gets a big turnoevr and capitalizes on it early to turn up the heat on Juice and the boys. A crazy trick play in the 2nd half gives the Gophers another score and the lead (at this point our crew will be completly avoiding all other games on the big screens and pissing our pants with thoughts of 6-1 and 2-1 in the B10), but the Juice will eventually get loose. And all of us Gopher bettors will have to be satisfied with just a cover but a straight up loss...ILLINI sneak back to win 28-21.

VIKES host LIONS
Well, this might be the worst 3-3 team I've seen after we win this game. Let's get this straight, we will not lose this game. The only question is the margin of victory. 14 feels high, but let's consider this...Kitna was pulled last week and may not play much if they chose to look at Orlavsky (sp?). Call me crazy, but I don't think he'll fair well again this Viking D. The Lions players are checking out already and starting to try and figure out who their next coach is going to be and if they might find a decent GM. The Lions defense is hardly the Bear of '85. The are losing this year by an average of 17-37...that's a lot of fricking points. So you figure they give us at least one on Defense, and a 1st drive TD out of the kick ass offense...that's 14-0. You have to bank on a couple turnovers in DET territory to give us a couple of extra FG's...20-0. DET might not be able to score, just because they suck. They put up 21 at ATL and only 13 at SF...our defense is light years ahead of both of those. This puts them at 7 or less, whic means a Vikings teaser to -7 or -6.5 is a lock. PURPLE POWER WINS 20-3...we're comin', we're comin'!! (until we get housed by the Bears next week)

That's it - I'll bring the picks to Vegas so we can monitor our pool amongst the craziness that is a Football Weekend in Vegas.

See you guys early tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment