Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 15 Preview

Almost all NFL picks this week besides ARMY-NAVY on Saturday...time to decide a winner for 2011.

Still no line on STL at SEA for MNF, but some of us still picked it...so I will still send out that line when necessary because odds are it will come into play.

PICKS
JR: CLE JAC CIN NYJ TEN IND OAK SD DAL SEA
JG: CLE NYJ IND OAK NE NO PHI ATL SF NYG
MR: NYJ IND NE NO SF CIN SD TB DEN GB
AW: NE NO SF TB OAK ATL NYG HOU MIN BUF
GR: NAVY NE NO SF NYG GB SEA PIT MIA CAR
MH: NAVY NE SF NYG GB SEA ATL CIN PHI JAC
MC: NE SF GB ATL CIN JAC NO IND CLE KC
SS: NE ATL CIN JAC NO NYJ SD BAL CHI ARI
RO: NAVY NE NO SF GB NYG PHI CAR HOU DET
TN: NYG DET ATL CIN NYJ SEA OAK BUF DEN TEN
MT: NAVY NYG OAK NO SF CAR IND CLE MIN WAS
GT: NYG NO SF DET ATL DEN NE PHI SD PIT
MS: x x x x x x x x x x
CP: NYG SF SD OAK CAR MIN TEN HOU KC TB
LW: SF SD MIN DEN NE PIT CIN NYJ BAL DAL
JH: SF SD MIN NE DAL KC NO ATL PHI CHI
MO: NAVY NE DAL NO PIT NYJ OAK CAR DET SEA

First, we have the ARMY-NAVY game on Saturday. This will be the first year that I didn't include this in my picks...but with my track record in NCAA for this year I figure I'm just saving myself a loss.

ARMY (+7.5) at NAVY
I'm going ARMY on this one, for the Challenge we have 5 on NAVY and none on ARMY. Why ARMY, well it obviously a rivalry game and if I can get more than a TD in a rivalry game where both teams are average to bad, then I'll take it. GO ARMY BEAT NAVY (or at least only lose by a TD or less). ARMY 21-20 WINNER!!

THIRSTY THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

CLE (+15.5) at PIT
We are split 4-4 on this one for tonight. I love points in the NFL, especially in a game like this with a couple of grind it out teams with a game who's outcome should really never be in doubt. Try and convince me that PIT won't be satisfied winning this one 10-6...you can't. In a division game with a team only playing for pride I like the points here although I think it will be close to that number. PIT 20-6.

TB at JAC (+1)
I would take TB here if I had a clue who their QB was going to be this week, but I don't and the JAGS just got blown away on MNF, so I'm taking a chance on them. We have 3 TB and 4 JAC for the Challenge. JAC in a struggle 23-20.

NE at WAS (+9.5)
Predictably the whole world loves NE in this one (12 vs. 1 on WAS). I didn't play it, but if I would have I would like WAS. I just don't see this NE team as great when they sport one of the worst D's in the league. WAS has broken back into respectability range since Rex came back and the Pats have only covered one big line all year. I'll take Skins to cover but NE wins 28-24.

HOU at CIN (-1)
3 on HOU and 7 on CIN...I underestimated the HOU D at home last week, but the young QB on the road in a hostile environment against a good defense will be a different story. Yates managed the game last week, but I think the Bungals, off of 4 straight division games, will be ready to play well. PIT housed them last week and they are still in the playoff hunt so a big home win is necessary this week. This is my best bet of the week...CIN 24-10.

KC at NYJ (-9.5)
3 on KC, 7 on NYJ...I'm on the Jets. KC had a moment on the road last week against a deflated CHI team and the Jets surprised me and played pretty well against WAS. I can't pick KC to score more than 10 at the very most against a good D with their current QB disaster, and the JETS need to keep taking care of business to stay in the jumbled playoff hunt in the AFC for that 6 spot. JETS win big 27-10.

MIN at DET (-7)
5 on Purple, 4 on DET...I stayed away, but I kind of wish I would have picked DET. I know they are kind of slopfest to watch right now, but have you seen the Purple lately. Ponder is very questionable, the D may as well take this one off, and AD could be back but no guarantees. If the Lions keep it together they should score in the 30's without a doubt. MIN, especially without Ponder and AD won't be able to get to the endzone more than twice. DET wins 35-16.

NO at TEN (+3.5)
11 on NO, 3 on TEN...Another classic game where the line looks low with a "great" team on the road. The Saints aren't nearly the same team away from the Katrina Dome, and this TEN club is really starting to find it right now. The motivation for NO is also not there at this point to get into a fist fight with a physical team like TEN because really all they have left to do is beat ATL at home on MNF in a couple of weeks and they'll win the division. They won't catch GB, they might catch SF, but after 2 big home night wins I think they'll be down a bit. Give me TEN in a playoff drive period against a still below average Saints D. TEN wins 24-21.

PHI at MIA (-3)
5 PHI, 1 MIA...I avoided this one altogether. Will PHI make a stand and show up the rest of the year? Can MIA keep the streak going? When it doubt take the hot team...so I'm picking Fins. 20-14.

IND (+16.5) at BAL
5 on IND, 2 on BAL...Big points for a team without a great offense. Colts cover this as long as they don't give up D/SPT TD's that make it ugly. BAL wins 27-17.

ATL at CAR (+2.5)
8 ATL, 5 CAR... I've kind of been anti-Falcon all year, so why stop now. I just haven't been impressed by anything they have done this year. Give me underdog Cam at home. 33-30 Panthers.

CHI at DEN (-3.5)
2 CHI, 4 DEN...Tebow giving more than a FG at home to a good D...and I'm going with it! How can you bet against this team right now, if this was 2.5 I'm all over it, but they could really win this one 3-0 and I wouldn't be surprised. How do the Bears do anything without a QB or RB at this point? Keep betting on Jesus until he proves he can't win every game! DEN 11-6.

SF at ARI (+3.5)
12 SF, 1 ARI...The 3rd exmaple of a "good" team giving a small number on the road that everyone jumps on board. SF just still doesn't seem like that strong of a club to me, and on the road against an ARI team that's actually won a lot lately I don't like giving 3.5. Give me Kolb at home in a nail biter...ARI 20-17.

OAK (+12.5) at GB
7 OAK, 5 GB...Once again I think it's just too many points to be giving a good team like OAK. The Pack continue to have close games week in and week out because they really are getting the best shot from everyone at this point. OAK can score, which is criticial when playing GB, so I think they hang in this enough to cover a number. GB wins 28-21.

BUF at SD (-6)
2 BUF, 7 SD...I think SD has a little mojo back and might be in line for a snoozer win this weekend. BUF is pretty much dundee after 5 straight losses, and the Super-Chargers still are clinging to life. The ugly BUF D could look a lot like JAC on MNF...SD wins 34-20.

NYG at DAL (-3)
9 NYG, 4 DAL...Predictable split on this one, NYG look good last week, DAL looks bad, everyone jumps on the G-men. That's exactly why I like the Cowboys in this one. Yeah, NYG played well with GB, but they've lost 4 in a row. DAL sucks on the road, this is proven, but they are tough at home. It will probably be close, because these games always seem to be, but I'll take DAL 31-24.

STL at SEA (-???)
0 STL, 5 SEA...STL and ARMY are in exclusive company this week...nobody likes them. Tough to do when there are only 34 teams and 160 picks thrown out there for the week! Seriously, I might take SEA -10 in this game if that was the line. Not because they are that good, but STL definitely is that bad. SEA 29-3.

There it is. Should be an interesting and unpredictable week where anything can happen.

G-Reg is possibly heading out to Lambeau this weekend, I got a glimpse of the outfits he and my mom plan on wearing, what do you think? I approve.



No comments:

Post a Comment