Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bowl Update

Lots of 2-0's yesterday, and a couple of 0-2's...JR and RO.

But Bowl season gives you a chance for redemption every day of the week...so here we go again with 2 more games today.

STANDINGS
BOWL W
GR 8
SS 8
MT 8
TN 7
LW 7
GT 7
MR 6
MH 6
MC 6
CP 6
JH 6
AW 5
JR 4
JG 4
RO 4
MO 4
MS 0

TOLEDO vs. AF (+3)MILITARY BOWL
Pretty even split on this one with 9 on AF and 7 on TOL. Our 3 leaders favor TOLEDO 2-1. I'm also going with TOLEDO on this one, I think I pick against AF every year in the bowl games. I think the option game loses it's effectiveness when teams have a month to prepare...see GTECH. TOL has the turnover edge with a comparable defense. They also have an interim coach after their guy left for Illinois, I like the track record of interim 1 game coaches in Bowl Games.

CAL-TEX (-3) HOLIDAY BOWL
The nightcap is the always exciting Holiday Bowl. We have only 4 guys on CAL and 12 on TEX...CAL supporters include MR, GR, MH, MC...all with 6+ points right now. Texas has a far superior defense, which lead me toward them in this one. Offensively, they are challenged, but I think it could be a good game for them to build some optimism and momentum going into 2012 with a young QB and overall a very young offense. We all know CAL and the Pac-10 in general don't believe in defense, so I think TEX, with a big start, has a chance to run CAL out of the building.

STREAKERS

JG has won 3 in a row
JR has lost 3 in a row
MR has won 4 in a row
AW has won 3 in a row
GR has won 7 in a row
MT has won 8 in a row
JH has won 5 in a row

Some nice streaks, and 1 not so nice streak on this list. I've lost 3 straight with dogs, but I'm on 2 favs today! We're only 20% of the way through the Bowl Challenge, so there's still time for a rebound.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment