Monday, February 1, 2010

The Week Ahead

Super Bowl week...wooo. I'm really not at all excited about the "big game". If it wasn't for our gambling purposes I might not even care at all. So what else is ahead this week...a quick list:

1. Picks
I still need picks from ROE, KOBOW, CORCORAN, and GREG. Send 'em over sometime this week and we'll be all set for Sunday.

2. National Signing Day
Recruiting is officially winding down for the class of 2010...how are we going to end up might depend solely on 1 local guy. Seantrel spent his last official 2 hours of the recruiting contact period with Brew last night...let's hope that is a good sign. Honestly, I put our chances of landing the big man at about 5%... but I can at least dream for another couple of days. WED is a work from home day for me so I can do a little wall to wall coverage on ESPNU, BTN, ESPN, CBSCS, etc...and if Seantrel picks the Gophs in the morning I might have to start a party at 10am...who's coming with me?

3. B10 Expansion
Rumor has it that the B10 will officially expand to 12 on Thursday, the day after NSD. PITT is believed to have done everything but officially announce their intention to enter the B10 in 2 years. Obviously, we'll be discussing this much further if indeed it actually does come down this week, but how sweet will this be?!? A B10 Championship Game! Nice!

4. LOST
Not sure if you all watch this show...but you should. Final season start on TUES, it's incredible...trust me.

5. O-HUD
Twinkies seem to be very serious in their pursuit of a 2nd baseman. Would be a large upgrade from Punt-o, but then this probably means he's shifting to a 3rd base platoon with Harris...oh goodie. Well, I guess you can't have a good competant player that can hit and field at every position, so I guess we're sacraficing 3B until Valencia is ready to go - hopefully around mid-season. Anyway, Hudson would be a great addition, so let's hope we get lots of good news out of Twins Territory over the next couple of weeks.


I guess that's all I got - I've got FEB to relax a bit before the Madness of March and then prepping for Football Challenge 2010-11 begins in April.

In examining my March Madness planned party, I may be forced to reconsider. Jace turns 1 that weekend, I thought the opening round was the previous weekend...but I'm dumb. Working on an alternative plan right now...we'll find a time to make it all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment