Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random

Totally just some random stream of consciousness notes on my mind while sitting at BWW waiting for my oil change to be complete.

1. I really like DUKE this year, this is the weird FAV I have for the NCAA Tourney this season. I always hate DUKE and never pick them anywhere past the Sweet 16, so we'll see what happens with the draw...but I'm kind of liking their squad right now.

2. NBA Hoops, catch the fever. After 4 months of not caring at all, I'm kind of getting into the NBA right now. Don't know why, maybe reading too much Bill Simmons, but I'm interested and watching bits and pieces of random games before bed.

3. I'm giving the Gophs 1% chance of winning tonight. PUR is another club I LOVE come tourney time. Tubby has been picking it up, but I really can't pick anything miraculous to happen tonight.

4. Twins...Mauer will sign, I have no doubts.

5. AM 1500, I've listened a little and it's okay. I really am not a big Barreiro guy and especially not a Justin Gaard fan so I've switched over during the drive home lately...it's been decent. I like Cowherd in the afternoons, but I'll still be a Common guy but besides him I really don't like much on KFAN anymore. I'm almost becoming more of a National ESPN/Dan Patrick/FOX radio guy vs. KFAN. Too many bland personalities that say the same thing everyday and don't discuss anything interesting. PA is horrible, morning show is worse. I'm giving the new kid in town a chance, but I'm not sure it will last. I really like Doogie, but he's on so early sometimes that I can't catch it.

6. Spring practice starts in under a month...can't f*ing wait.

7. Wrapping up my SEC 2010 preview already...I think it's going to be crazy competitive and not just the FLA and ALA inevitable matchup this season. But I'm way ahead of myself...I won't start pushing those down your throats until at least June.

7 points and really saying nothing...that's what happens when you are sitting alone at BWW having a beer and working and blogging while wasting some time...dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment