Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stuff

Who Hates Iowa!!!!

What a brutal showing by GTECH last night. I'm convinced that anytime you have a month to prep for the option and have a decent D...you will win. Iowa got ahead and forced them to throw...and that's all she wrote.

Gophs hoops gets smoked by a really good PUR team as well. Oh well, not a horrible performance, the bigger game is Saturday with OHIOST in town. I don't see many beating PUR this year...especially at home.

Shanahan, huh. I don't think this is going to change much for the Skins. And of course he has the "total control" thing which always works out well. When will people realize they need to either be the coach or the personnel guy, not both! This should give lots of optimism for a while, then come crashing down and end badly. Snyder has owned the team for 11 years and had 7 coaches...wow, Al Davis like.

Night off tonight - I guess the intriguing CMU-TROY matchup will give us some sort of football, but I'll probably skip it. Ready to re-group and get better for next season on NCAAF.

NFL however - wow, do I have some information overload right now. I've basically been dedicating every free second to finding an angle on these 4 games this weekend, it's probably too much but that's how I roll. There will be a gigantic preview coming once all picks are in so nobody can steal my top secret info to go 4-0.

Gopher notes - well, how about this. OC Jedd Fisch has been rumored to be on the list for both the Redskins and Bears OC jobs that are open. This is the same guy that lead us to an offensive season ranked in the 100's. So WTF? Well, remember Everett Withers, our initial DC under Brew? He brought all these complex NFL schemes to our D as a 1st time NCAA DC and we were completely lost and horrible (1-11, remember?) So he leaves, goes to NC, simplifies things a bit, and their D is unreal...#6 in Nation LY I think. I had kind of forgotten about this example, and then I realized...this whole Fisch situation could be exactly the same. Look at it like this, an NFL playbook is ridiculously hard to figure out which is why so many guys can't handle it at that level and they give you wonderlik tests to see if you can. The College game is much more simplified, so these complex schemes aren't necessary and truly aren't effective because nobody gets it. They force you to think too much and play slow...not that we need any help with that! The intellect of Gophers vs. Vikings players is a night and day difference...and Fisch's scheme for 2009 was designed for a team in the NFL. Obviously, the guy has a great offensive mind or he wouldn't be mentioned for openings like the BEARS and SKINS, so I think we could see a dramatic turnaround next season if he sees the writing on the wall and scales back the technical offense for something a little easier to digest for guys like #5. See how I'm talking myself off of that way too early 5 win prediction in 2010 already?!!? I'll have us at 9-3 by September...probably June!

That's about it for now - 2 games left in the NCAAF season...11 left in the NFL season...who thinks they'll be going 13-0 the rest of the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment