Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Check-in

Hey Guys -

Just had a minute to spare and thought I'd drop in a couple of notes around what's happening.

First - how about Mr. Watson on Sunday?!? They mentioned it a few times on the broadcast, but betting is legal in Scotland on sports. Watson's odds were 1000:1 on winning the Open Championship - how bad did that 10 footer hurt for the guy who spent $20 on a win ticket for Watson?!? Ouch, $20K is more than a kick in the teeth.

I watched on the news either Sunday or Monday night, and they said that the price of flights will be dropping drastically in the middle of August...so I'm waiting until then to lock in for LV this year.

We have our 8th member - many of you know him well...my dad, Greg Rollins. He'll take out a small loan to get the entry fee in and compete with some of the greatest football minds around. So that gives us an even 8 guys, I think we're good with that. I'm thinking either $20 or $40...doesn't look like we've had a lot of takers on the poll on this site, so I'm not sure which way you guys are leaning. I feel like $40 is more of a commitment and much better payout for the champ. What do you think? I'm thinking $40 each, payout is $300 to the champ, $20 to 2nd.

Finally, we have to close with a Gopher note - Hayo is here! It sounds like everything is in order and he's ready to start practice on August 10th. He and Decker should make quite the combo for #8 this year.

I'll try to get the Big East preview out later this week - until then...

Another from No Code...Who you are

come to send, not condescend
transcendental consequence
is to transcend where we are
who are we? who we are
trampled moss on your souls
changes all you're a part
seen it all, not at all
can't defend fucked up man
take me a for a ride before we leave...
circumstance, clapping hands
driving winds, happenstance
off the track, in the mud
that's the moss in the aforementioned verse
just a little time, before we leave...
stop light plays its part
so i would say you've got a part
what's your part? who you are
you are who, who you are

1 comment:

  1. I am ok with the entry fee, but would prefer $280 to 1st and $40 to 2nd so that the runner up at least gets their money back.

    ReplyDelete