Monday, July 27, 2009

CFN Predictions

Well, another source of knowledge has posted their predictions on the B10 for 2009. I'll end the suspense by telling you they list our Gophers at 6-6. This should be pretty close, I think they will be right around that +/- 2 games either way.

They had Ohio State as the champs at 10-2, but the mighty Illini came in at #2 also at 10-2 (with one of their predicted losses coming at the hands of Brew & Co.)

CFN also crushed the Hawkeye dreams by predicting an 8-4 season, 1-4 on the road with the only win coming at the 'Clones...which is always pesky.

Those are the highlights, somehow they think WIS is looking at 8 wins again. The schedule is weak, but this is not a good team.

In other news, I've expanded my technological horizons. As you may have seen if you've visited the blog home page lately, I am tweeting. Not really anything yet, but I think it could be fun. Bottom line, I checked out facebook, I know a lot of you guys do this, but I don't think it's for me. So I chose Twitter as a free, simple form of quick communication. I like following some people on there - the real time short bits are good when informative. Brewster sets records for number of exclamation points used in each tweet!!!! So, I think you guys should jump on board - it would/will be a quick way to interact through your phone with the entire group during the fun Saturdays and Sundays in the fall. Dropping quick one liners that I used to have to text or make a 9 second phone call for will be shifted to this medium. I can envision such critical things as, "who hates iowa?!?" and "bring in Gray!" but hopefully it will be used for meaningful things as well. We'll see, but I guess it's no good unless a lot of other people (you guys) get on board. So it's up to you, let me know what you think. If you can text, you can do Twitter on your phone...let's try it.

One other interesting note on technology - I figured out how I can post to the blog with my phone. This will create some interesting game days at TCF w/writings and pictures on a stream-of-consciouness kind of way...good stuff.

Next, I'm thinking of changing the name of the blog after seeing the World Futbol Challenge across the bottom line this weekend. I don't want to be confused with a Soccer tournament...I'm open to suggestions.

I did lots of small conference studying this weekend - so be prepared for some interesting preveiws coming this week on the tiny little brother conferences. Also, with Vikes camp opening this week the NFL has finally reached my radar, so I'll throw up some division predictions coming up soon and hope for you guys to do the same if you'd like.

Finally, it's B10 media day. Highlights:

- Bielema says that Madison is the toughest place to play in the B10...hmmm, 48-7 vs. PSU last year...didn't look too tough. Cal-Poly and the Gophs almost pulled off wins 2 weeks in a row last year...time to look again Bielema. On that note - I found a "home-field advantage" chart that covers the last 10 years. Gophers have won 62.1% of their home games in that span. WIS is at 74.2% (worse than MICH 78.7%, OHIOST 87.1%, IOWA 77.6%, PSU 75.4%). #1 on the list...BOISE at 96.6%, wow. Georgia is actually a better road team than home team.

- Brew says he's in favor of a championship game and longer season (playing into DEC)...I agree, it gets brought up every year, and every year the B10 sucks in the bowl games...correlation?

- Zook wants to play NW at Wrigley...not sure how that would st up for football, but I like the idea.

That's about it for now. I need to wrap up the small conference previews and get those posted because we are dangerously close to our 4 week countdown before actual games will be played and counted!! Woo-hoo!

PJ - No Way (sign up for Twitter! Follow gophertree)

Here's a token of my openness
Of my need to not disappear
How I'm feeling, so revealing to me
I found my mind too clear
I just need someone to be there for.. me
I just want someone to be there for.. me

No comments:

Post a Comment