Thursday, September 18, 2008

All Set for Week 4

All the picks are in, so here we go for week 4.

MK actually started off the week already with an L by picking KST.

Other pick highlights:
You 3 all love WV tonight, I avoided it - but would have picked WV if forced to make a choice. I just don't like them very much this year, but they should be able to handle a "not quite ready for primetime" Colorado team tonight...should be a good watch.

You 3 also all loved GEO this week. I would have loved them if ASU would have handled UNLV last week, but the lost and the line got a little bigger and I think Erickson will have them ready to compete and make up for that embarassment last week. I'll still pick GEO to cover, but not in my Top 10 for the week.

JG picked the 2-0 Irish to stay hot and cover the 8.5...he just likes Chuck Weis.

We all love the Gophers...except for Roe - that's what happenedin week 1 and guess who was right (look at the standings). More on this game later.

MK took the insane offense of MIZZOU to cover 33.5 on BUFF...how can you bet against a team scoring 58/game!

JG was not impressed by UNC's crushing of RUT and picks VT over them in Chapel Hill at +1.

MK/JG - thanks for picking Pitt over IOWA. I actually like, no I actually pick IOWA in this one...but I'm pulling for myself to be very very wrong.

MR and JG went with the GATORS - JR and MK didn't touch it. I think TEN might keep it close.

I rode with MK's Cane's vs.the pathetic team from College Station. Canes are much better and should take care of business.

All 3 of you once again took LSU over AUB, I like AUB at home but didn't include it on my list of 10.

GAMES OF THE WEEK
LSU-AUB
I have to like the home team in this one. AUB offense has not been as effective as I expected, but LSU hasn't proven anything yet either. Should be a classic SEC struggle ending in something weird...I'll take AUB to cover (+2) and win 13-11.

FLA-TN
I love love love the Gators this year. The jury is still out on TEN after the UCLA loss and then the UCLA-BYU disaster. However, I think they have a great running game and maybe the #1 OL in the country. The defense will definitely be challenged against a healthy Gator offense, but I'm feeling a close one. In Gainesville it might be a route, but in Knoxville I think they cover...GATORS 23-17.

IOWA-PITT
Iowa plays great defense, but proved their offense to be dog-shit again last week. Pitt can't throw much, and doesn't play great defense but loves to run. This has u-g-l-y written all over it. However, I'm giving the nod to Iowa on a fulky defensive score or two...16-10

GEO-ASU
As I mentioned above, I think D.Erickson has the club ready to play and prove that last week was more of a fluke than it looked. GEO doesn't travel this far to play non-conference games ever...I really think they come out a little shell-shocked and ASU sticks it to them early. I like GEO to win, but in a dogfight 20-13.

GOPHERS-FAU
Last year we gave up nearly 500 yards passing, and turned it over 7 times while forcing zero turnovers...but we were still driving at the end to win the game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we won't be -7 in TO +/- this year, and we're at home with a better defense. We should be able to run at will all day long, look for the freshman RB's to put up some nice stats, and Weber needs to take care of it like he has all year. Decker will have the usual 120/2 TD, and the Gophs win convincingly 44-21. Bring on the Buckeyes!!!

LOCKS OF THE CENTURY (why am I continuing to do this after 0-2 LW?)
UTAH -7 at AF - AF can not throw at all, 0 passing yards LW, UTAH is good.
TULANE -5.5 vs. ULM - Tulane is really frickin' good. ULM is not. Should be easy $$$


NFL PICKS
MR is a BUFF believer picking them to cover 9 vs. OAK...actually I really like this pick - nice work Mike.

Apparently, I'm the only one off the MN VIKING train, because all 3 of you like the Purple to notch that elusive 1st victory this weekend. I don't we're going to see anything different than we have the first 2 weeks. CAR 21-12 (4 FG's!).

JG doesn't believe the Matt Cassell experience can cover 13 at home vs. the mighty Fins and Moron Joey Porter. If you haven't seen his comments this week, check them out.

JR/MR/MK all love the 'Boys over the Pack. Dallas is really good, and there's no chance of me picking the Pack to win a big game like this.

JR and JG picked up in this one, but MR and MK - how do you not bet against Tyler Thigpen on the raod!! I know it's Atlanta, but come on!

I am believing in the Bears as well - not sold on TBY yet, 3 is an easy cover for CHI

JR and JG agree again on the DEN over NO game. NO has 4 or 5 starterd out on D, and DEN with Hall-of-Famer Jay Cutler at QB looks incredible thus far.

Our two leaders MR and MK split on JAC-IND this week...I lean toward MR and pick JAC. Indy is vulnerable right now, but JAC isn't healthy either. Jags are more desperate at this point.


One final note - 22 days I think until VEGAS...bring it.

I spoke with Greg, and he mentioned just picking up you 2 Rochester boys on FRI on his way up in the morning I'm thinking we'll park at BBY and catch a cab to and from the airport...should be cheaper than park n fly...hopefully no major vehicular breakdowns either!! I will prepare some cheat sheets for everything we'll be watching for the week, so don't worry about bringing any kinds of materials.

Have a good weekend fellas! Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. BTW - overall we picked 53! favorites this week and 7 underdogs...lead by JR with 0 dogs and MK with 1. Starting to get a little tougher to find winners I guess.

    ReplyDelete