Monday, January 9, 2012

Championship Monday

The big one is tonight, and the Bowl Champion crown is on the line.

BOWLS W
CP 32
SS 29
MT 29
GT 29
JR 27
GR 26
LW 26
AW 25
MH 25
TN 25
MR 24
MC 23
RO 22
JH 21
JG 20
MO 17
MS 0

It's a 3 point game tonight, and CP has a 3 point lead. However, as I mentioned last week, an ALA cover would give SS a 4/5 in BCS picks which would give him the tiebreaker over CP and GT who would each only have 3/5 on BCS picks. So it's pretty simple tonight...ALA = STEVE, again...LSU = COLE. But these 3 points are big for everyone, because it all counts toward you total post-season number.

LSU vs. ALA (+1)
We saw this game 2 months ago, but I have a feeling tonight will be a lot different. I think both teams came out and played tight last time and tried not to make that critical mistake. I feel like with the ample time to preapare (40 days!!) both offenses will find a couple of wrinkles that will be more effective this time around. Defensively, I'll call it a wash. They are the 2 most elite D's in the country so I really can't pick an advantage one way or the other there...although I like LSU's secondary and ALA's front 7 if I had to pick. QB play and special teams are probably going to decide this thing in my opinion. I'm not a big believer in Jordan Jefferson, but I think he might make a special play or 2 tonight that could be the difference just because he is an athlete and can make things happen with his legs. He's also more likely to make the stuipid pick 6 that loses the game...but I think his play will impact the results more than McCarron. ALA will likely go with their steady dose of pound pound pound and toss in the occasional play action and trickeration. I feel like LSU has the edge on SPT as well as they have more dynamic return men and the Grass Eater always seems to pull a blocked punt/fake FG type play out in these big games. My pick is ALA simply because I think overall they are a better team, statistically they are a better team, and coaching wise they are a better team. But LSU has had that luck factor and big play ability all season long, why would it stop now?

CALL: BAMA 19 LSU 16

BAMA lovers = JR, MR, MH, MC, SS, RO, TN, GT - 8 guys on each side...truly a toss up.

Hope you're all able to watch tonight. I'm gathering with the neighborhood gang, who I watched the first LSU-ALA game with back in NOV. That night ended with over 2 liter of Crown cashed out, a case of beer, and for some reason a bottle of Almond Champagne...not sure what happenend there. Expecting more of the same this evening. It's the last NCAA game we'll get for 8 months so enjoy it!!

NFL PLAYOFFS

3 guys rode the 4 home teams to a perfect start in the NFL playoffs...JR, MC, MT are all sitting with 8 points after the first weekend. 12 points are available next weekend with each game being worth 3. There is no payout for NFL only, but it will be added to your Bowl Total to determine the overall post-season champ. Here are those standings with 1 Bowl game left and 7 playoff games left:

POST-SEASON W
CP 38
MT 37
JR 35
SS 33
MC 31
TN 31
GT 31
MR 30
LW 30
AW 29
MH 29
GR 28
RO 28
JG 26
JH 23
MO 21
MS 0

47 points still on the line, so I don't think anyone is officially out yet. The lines for the divisional games will be sent tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment