Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bowl Update - Wednesday

Another 1/2 point decision in a BCS game...greatest Bowl Season Ever!?!?

Tonight we have the 4th installment, and based on the line we could see another 1/2 point decision.

Here are the current standings:

BOWLS W
MT 27
GT 26
CP 25
AW 23
GR 23
SS 23
TN 23
JR 22
MH 22
MR 21
RO 21
LW 21
JG 19
MC 19
JH 18
MO 15
MS 0

Holy horse race Batman! With 10 possible points left, we have 9 guys within 5 points of the lead.

Another big 3 point game tonight...

WV vs. CLEM (-3.5)
Only 4 of us on WV, I am one of those. SS, CP, LW are joining me in rooting for the couch burners tonight. I think it will be close, WV has the defensive edge, and they just need their O to keep up with CLEM. I give the QB edge to CLEM, but the D and coaching edge to WV. I'm hoping for OT, +3.5 is almost a guarantee in OT...right? We'll see tonight.

Quick side note on the Vadgers Rose Bowl dreams being squashed again. I've read so many things and heard so many people say over the last couple of days that it's so pathetic that MN fans are celebrating the WIS loss. Really? I cheer for WIS and IOWA to lose every week, so why would it be any different in a Bowl Game? It's a rivalry...it's fueled on dislike for the other team. My lovely wife, who just this year has discovered her evil Becky/Hogeye taunting side, sent a simple text to 1 of only about 2 or 3 Vadger fans that I call a friend. She simply said "Quack, Quack" after the spike with no time left. Apparently, it was not appreciated as his wife, who works with Anna, said he came upstairs and said..."tell your Anna to go F*ck Off!" So now I ask, why do you think we continue to mock and ridicule you Vadger/Hogeye fans? Because it's too easy and you can't handle it...that's why. Obviously, both of your teams are better than mine right now, great I'm fine with that. But to get so angry over a little jab after a tough game seems ridiculous. Am I shocked...No. Vadger fans (note he's only been a fan since he went to school there so not an actual lifer fan...a.k.a...he's liked them since they've been good) have been living on such a high and mighty perch for the last few years that I think they deserve everything that is coming to them. I told her to send him a quick note last night asking if he wanted to borrow my copies of IOWA beating WIS and Sparty beating WIS in hoops both in Madison. She declined, so I guess she is not at the max level of Gopher fandom quite yet, but she's off to a great start this year! His excuse apparently was he was having beers...k. I'm as passionate about football as anyone, but freaking out and screaming at your "friends" because they took advantage of an opportunity to take a shot at your club is really not cool. Clearly, he can't handle a rivalry if he's not coming out ahead, which is sad. Maybe he just knows this was the last shot for a while with no Superman free agent QB's coming to town, an OC and OL coach that are leaving, and Buckeye Nation likely to grow into the strongest B1G team year in and year out. Greatest Vadger team I've seen...and they could only go 9-3. Maybe a couple of 4-8's will bring that whole crew back to reality...the hoops team staring a 1-4 B1G start in the face will certainly help start the slide!

No comments:

Post a Comment