Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 6 Preview...VEGAS WEEK!

17 hours until take off for JR, JG, GR, and AW...
















JG will be jumping off that volcano when the LYNX win the WNBA Title tomorrow night.

So last week I went a solid 4-11, so we need to change some things up here for karma.

First, we'll start with the picks...

JR: MIAOH BGU IND VT FLA ARK A&M UCF NEB CAR NYG CIN OAK NYJ DEN


JG: PSU UCONN ARMY BOISE CAL LSU CIN OAK NYJ NO SEA TEN TB GB CHI

MR: WF NEB MICH OK RUT ORE STAN LSU SC ALA NYJ NO GB CHI PHI

AW: NEB MICH A&M MIZZ ARMY ND UCLA GEO TEN TB BUF MIN HOU SD ATL

GR: VT NEB MICH IOWA TEX KAN BAY ORE LSU ALA TEN BUF HOU GB NYG

MH: NEB IOWA IND PUR NW OK BOISE ORE LSU AUB GB MIN NYJ CHI IND

MC: UCF ECU ARMY NAVY BALLST MDTN TROY ULM FAU UTST GB SEA DEN JAC SF

SS: NC NEB MICH PSU A&M ARMY ORE STAN LSU ALA SF MIN CHI NO PHI

RO: VT PSU PUR A&M TEX MIZZ TCU LSU ALA SF NO GB NYG CIN OAK

TN: GT NEB IND NW TEX KAN HOU BOISE SC SJST GB OAK MIN TEN NE

MT: MARY BC MICH BAY WV ORE FLA GB MIN SF NO CHI PHI JAC NYJ

GT: NEB PSU PUR TEX OKST BOISE GB PHI NYJ OAK NYG CIN TB SD DET

MS: x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

CP: PSU MICH OK ARMY BALLST TOL BOISE AZ ASU LSU GB CIN TEN DEN KC

LW: VT PUR TEX OKST RUT GB KC PHI OAK MIN SF NO NE SEA PIT

JH: GT PSU MICH NEB KST SYR OHIO TCU SC PHI MIN NO PIT NYG CHI

MO: MARY CLEM MICH NEB KST A&M BOISE LSU ALA TN MIN CHI KC NYJ TB

 
POPULAR PICKS
These are teams chosen by 5+ of us (~30%+)
-ORE
-BOISE
-TEXAS
-ARMY
-PENN STATE
-LSU
-ALABAMA
-A&M
-MICH
-NEB - most popular pick of the week at 10 guys
 
-NO
-PHI
-NYG
-CIN
-TEN
-MIN
-OAK
-SF
-NYJ
-GB - most popular NFL pick of week with 11 guys
-CHI
 
So if you're just wanting to play the Football Challenge consensus this week...those are your games...10 NCAA and 11 NFL for a total of 21. I'll track this to see how we do.
 
TOSS-UP
Games with 2+ guys on each side
 
MARY(2)-GT(2)
OK(3)-TEX(5)
IOWA(2)-PSU(6)
MIZZ(2)-KST(2)
FLA(2)-LSU(8)
MICH(8)-NW(2)
 
PHI(6)-BUF(2)
SEA(3)-NYG(5)
CIN(5)-JAC(2)
TEN(5)-PIT(2)
OAK(6)-HOU(2)
TB(4)-SF(5)
NYJ(7)-NE(2)
SD(2)-DEN(3)
 
GAME PICKS FOR THE WEEK
 

So my 4-11 probably doesn't give me the right to even pretend to know what I'm talking about with this week's picks, but here they are anyway. Maybe I'm like a good college team and my best performances will come after I've been embarassed...maybe.

CAL-ORE (-23.5)
I like CAL. The number just feels too high in this one.

MARY-GT (-15.5)
MARY's team is apparently on revolt against new head coach Randy Edsall, not a good time for that with the uber productive GT Jackets on the slate this week. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 63-10 in this one.

OK-TEX (+9)
First thought, TEX defense is too good to be getting that many points. However, this game is usually a route (10+ points) one way or the other, so I feel like the Sooners are getting the smart money in this one. Probably wait until kickoff to figure out where my money is actually going, but I'll say TEX right now. Because I....LIKE...DOGS!


IOWA-PSU (-2.5)
Really really really hate this, but I think Iowa wins this one straight up. PSU plays great D, but I'm really starting to doubt if they can score on anyone. I will not bet it, but I think Iowa is the right side.

MIA-VT(-7.5)
Hokies off the embarassing loss last week welcome in a rival for another night game...this looks tasty. I am not impressed with Miami at all, and I think the Hokies find their offense and house the Canes.

FLA-LSU (-12.5)
Lots of points for the Gators to be getting off a blowout loss to ALA. I'm not sure they ever really expected to win that game anyway. I hate that they have a true Freshman starting at QB this week in a horrible spot like the bayou...but Les Miles is 1-13 as a DD favorite at home, so I'm taking the Gators and points. The grass-eater is due for a mini-scare, it's been way too smooth so far.

AUB-ARK (-10)
AUB pulled the upset on the road last week, they are back on the raod this week against a very good ARK team. I think Petrino and the gang roll up a ton of points on the Tiger and ol' Teddy Roof this week...HOGS cover the large number 49-28.

GEO-TN(+1)
Vols getting points at home looks good to me. GEO still doesn't impress me on D, I think Bray will throw it all over the field on them. I think Dooley really wants this one to make a statement and get TN back on the map in the SEC...VOLS 31-24.

MICH-NW(+3.5)
I think a lot of you have fallen into the MICH trap. NW as a home dog is almost a sure thing this week (even though I don't love +3.5, but I do love the +7.5 they are currently getting!). MICH is due for a letdown, especially after the controlled scrimmage last week. Robinson's twitter account was hacked by an ex, a sure sign of bad things to come for the Maize and Blue. NW wins outright 28-27.

OHIOST-NEB (-9.5)
Buckeyes can't score on anyone, and NEB is going to be excited and angry for their 1st home B10 game and off the terrible performance at WIS. If NEB can put up 24 points they will cover this number.

GOPHERS at BOILERS (-10)
Well, this is a tough one. The game of the week features 2 clubs that are barely fielding teams at this point. One has a brand new coach who is trying to clean up a program that is f'd right now, and the other has a coach who took over a nice program and is slowly working them into f'd status. Seriously, Hope can't survive the season, his teams just continue to get worse each year. I honestly think Gophers $line is the play in this one. Neither team will likely play well, but anything is possible in this crap-tastic contest. I'll say the Gophers force 3 PUR turnovers and score on 1 of them...and we party in Vegas!!! GOPHS 27 PUR 17.


NFL
NO-CAR: Panthers will cover the TD again. That's what Cam Newton does.
PHI-BUF: Really torn on this one, but I think PHI is too good to drop another one in a spot they should win.
SEA-NYG: SEA is terrible, NYG aren't bad, and SEA is travelling 5000 miles to get there...NYG big.
CIN-JAC: How is JAC ever favored over anyone? CIN wins.
KC-IND: I'll be glued to this one...will they even put it on TV in Vegas? I'll take KC, but really...flip a coin.
TEN-PIT: line has dropped to 3, which I think is a great spot to take PIT. They are beat up, but a coach and a defense can win you games like this.
ARI-MIN: Purple must win...will they...yes...again...I've predicted this for the last 3 weeks...for real this time.
OAK-HOU: No Andre Johnson, and I liked OAK in this one before I realized he was out.
TB-SF: I have doubted SF all year, but they might have something this week. Long trip for TB across the country, and they are on a short week. This just feels like the kind of game that they lose.
NYJ-NE: 10 points! Way too much for a club like NYJ that should be in this one after back to back beat downs.
SD-DEN: I'll take DEN in the upset win here against a SD team that I still think is overrated and a DEN team that's decent at home and getting healthier.
GB-ATL: This line has climbed up to nearly a full TD at this point. ATL hasn't played well, I get it, but at home in a revenge game like this from last year's playoffs...ATL $line might be my final Vegas play for the weekend.
CHI-DET: torn on this one, I like DET to win, but feel like 7 is too much to give to a strong D like the Bears...I'll take CHI to cover a close one.

Gentlemen. Enjoy the weekend, I'll try remember as much as I can to document the epic wins and failures from the weekend. Good Luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment