Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday Night Results

Day 1 of the season is over, I hope you all got a chance to watch some of these games last night...here's a quick recap.

First, the leaders in the clubhouse after 1 night:
MC = 4-0
AW = 3-0
MR = 2-0
TN = 2-0
MS = 2-0

I took a brutally bad beat last night in the WF-SYR game. WF up 26-14 with a 1st and goal at the 3, and their QB gets hurt. So they can't punch it in and get a FG for a 29-14 lead. Still feeling safe, but I was wrong...SYR scores twice and gets the 2 to tie the game. So I'm sitting with +6 and about 3 minutes left and the WF backup throws a pick in his own territory so SYR sets up for a GW FG. Of course WF can't just let the 3 pt loss happen and they block it! So we head to OT...all WF needs to do is lose the toss and score first at +6 to give me almost a guarantee. Nope, win the toss, play D, give up 7, and then not score on their possession. 7 pt loss...that hurts. Probably the only bad beat I'll have all year...

UNLV looked tough against Becky...I thought we were going to see an all-timer of a back door with UNLV scoring late, but Becky held on for a narrow 1.5 pt cover. My daughter, not quite 5 yet, has already figured out how we treat Becky. She says, "let's cheer against them, then we'll show them our butt and throw fire at them." It was a proud moment.

Other than that I watched a beauty of a game to close off the night between WKY-UK. 15 punts for nearly 700 yards and 7 combined turnovers...fun stuff.

A few more games on tap for tonight...good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment