Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Recap - Final 4 Set

This is shaping up to be one of the more entertaining tournaments in recent memory. Even though the Orange bowed out in the round of 16, I'm still on track to finish Top 10 in the BBY Pool if I can get a Dook win in the F4. So even thought there's no prize, I'm happy with that.

I'm sitting on top of the world in our little pool as well with 99 points. Joe Adams has 97 and Kobs has 94. Joe, Roe, and I are the only ones with any potential points left on the board. Joe has Duke winning the whole thing, Roe has the same, while I only have Duke winning 1 more to reach the finals where they will fall to Kansas...or something like that. So bottom line - Duke loses to WV, I win! Duke beats WV but loses to MSU/BUT - I win!, Duke wins Nat'l Title - Joe wins! Pretty simple.

My gambling weekend wasn't quite as successful, but I still made money helped by a big 2-0 yesterday with help from my genius daughter. She called Spartans and Duke, so I might be relying on her for more help in the future with a career winning % of 100% I don't think I can go wrong! I was hoping BAY would beat Duke, but as I said a couple months back - for some reason I really think Duke has something this year and they might do it. WV will be a battle for them...no comment yet on either game, but it's going to be hard to bet against Izzo.

Just booked by first round of the year at Deer Run on WED, taking the day off and it's supposed to be in the 70's...$$$! So with the gambling season officially winding down for a while (besides some guaranteed bad NBA Playoff opinions!) I will move toward betting on my physical skills as opposed to my mental capacities. So I'll probably be running out of funding real soon.

Enjoy the week guys - get out and hit the links if you get a chance!

Trying to find Gopher Spring Football coverage, but I think LeRoy-Ostrander 8 year old Girl's Softball gets more coverage from the media, so not a lot to report at this point. Hopefully more coming as the tourney winds down and we all shift into Baseball, Golf, and Football Hype mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment