Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March is here! BBY Tourney Challenge Info

Winter is basically over, and it's time for the optimism of March!

Gophs have a huge one tonight at MICH, and despite MICH's struggles lately it really seems to me like this is one that we'll lose. If we don't, and then proceed to mop the floor w/the Hogeyes (they still have a team, right?) then we'll be sitting in a pretty good spot for a tourney berth. I think we'd match up in the 4-5 game w/Becky in the B10 tourney, and a W there would pretty much lock up a spot for us. Despite all the doom and gloom that people are spewing around this team, they could finish w/Tubby's best B10 finish of his short Gopher career at 10-8. They have beaten 3 Top 15 teams (BUTLER, WIS, OHIOST) and played very close to MSU twice and PUR.

I think this team gets in - they are playing their best ball right now, and let's hope they take care of business tonight and keep the momentum alive.

I'm finally into full 100% basketball mode after not caring for the first 4 months of the season. I have a couple of proposals for the upcoming tourney...here we go:

1) BBY Pool - this pool collects about $1000 each year, so it's a healthy payout to the champ...$5 per bracket up to 3 per guy. If you are interested in entering this pool, let me know and I'll forward on your email addresses to the guy who runs it and just send me some cash for how many brackets you want. I'm giving you 2+ weeks to get me cash if you want in.

Here's the details for the pool per the email:
Like last year, I will use CBS Sportsline to manage the pool.
• Brackets will be available immediately after Selection Sunday is completed on March 14th
• $5 per bracket and you can have as many as 3
• PLEASE DROP YOUR $$ AT MY DESK C8-152 WITH YOUR NAME ON IT
• Brackets are due by 10 a.m. CDT, Thursday March 18th
• Last year’s Pool was $ 1,055…can we top that?
• Payouts
• 60% = Winner
• 30% = 2nd
• 10% = 3rd
• Can of Pop = Last

If you would like to join the pool, please REPLY AND TYPE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
This way I can copy in to CBSSportsline.
Group Name = Best Buy
Group Password = bestbuy
Link: http://bby.mayhem.cbssports.com/brackets


I figured this was simpler than having our own pool and the payout is that much larger. Winner of our group will have some bragging rights and hopefully some cash for placing in the overall competition.

So send me some cash if you want in, if not then that's fine too. Also be sure to shoot me an email if you are interested and I'll forward it on to the organizer.

Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment