Monday, March 22, 2010

1st Weekend Gambling Recap

One of the best opening weekends of March Madness ever, was capped off last night with a great showing from the B10, except for the Whinin' Beckys of Sconnyland. How fun was that watching them try to stay within 20 against Cornell?!?! Loved every minute of it...much like the rest of this weekend.

1. TUBBY'S POOL
Leader in the clubhouse is Mr. Kobow...but something tells me he won't be finishing there when the final buzzer sounds. 3 of his Final 4 are toast, which doesn't bode well for the large point late round games. Upsets are still the key, if you can nail some of those, especially in the later rounds, you will have a chance. Following Kobow is Joe Adams at 71, Tree at 70, and Bomb at 66. Nobody has their Final 4 all intact...thanks KAN!, but plenty of people with 3 left.

2. First Weekend Upset Pool
This was a new one for me...only pick first round games and if you pick correctly you get the amount of points = to the seed of the team (pick a 12 over a 5, if the 12 wins you get 12 points). So this pool is over, and I'm champion of the world. Typically wouldn't really brag about this one, except that is was 32 entries, 1 from a Gopher and 31 from Badgers....I guess the Maroon and Gold just continue to own Becky on the basketball floor! +$160!!

3. BBY Pool
Well, when there are 253 entries and you lose your Champ in round 2 then it's kind of a lost cause. Except when you throw together a late second bracket for your 1 year old and all of his picks are going well! Jace has the 'Cuse over Baylor in the finals and currently sits in a tie for 22nd place. Only one other guy above him has the 'Cuse, so the chance is there....This would be a nice payday of around $800...Go Orange!!

4. BWW Experience - Thursday
Wow, this one kind of got away from me. Had plans of posting a couple of times during the day, but beers at 10 and 2 dozen wings later I'm not sure if I could have worked my phone at that point. Took a couple doses of sudafed before and during the festivities which, in hindsight, wasn't the best idea. But had a great time, some of you attended, and from what I can remember I think fun was had by all. And I don't think I handed out $$$ all day, so that didn't suck either.

5. ATS Bets
Well, I didn't play them all...but I should have. 22-9-1 in the 1st round ATS, 11-5 in round 2 ATS. Grand total of 33-14-1 for a whopping 70%. Who knew this whole time I was focusing on the wrong sport! I need to bet more College Hoops!! Doubled the Bodog account over the weekend and have big plans to continue this and build up a nice Vegas nest egg for October.

The games were ridiculously good, and should continue to be that way through the next couple of weekends. Hope everyone got to watch plenty of hoops - go Orange!

One last side note, with all the basketball craziness I couldn't have a post without mentioning that tomorrow is the day - Spring Football Practice Day 1 - Brew begins coaching for his job starting tomorrow...go team!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the quick follow up, but I just read a great story. Apparently, when Cornell was destroying the Beckys in Gopher like fashion, the Cornell band broke out into the Rouser and got some seriously angry and annoyed Becky fans a little riled up. Okay, if SYR doesn't do it then go Cornell - you just earned yourself another fan!

    ReplyDelete