Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 6 Summary

On borrowed time right now...I have until the kids wake up to get this in, so here we go.

JR: PSU, MN!, AF, GT, ARK, LT, ORE, OREST, UTAH, STAN
JG: KST (L), IND, MN!, TT, TN, MSU, ALA, ND, WASU, FSU
MR: TN, MSU, NC, ARK, SC, PITT, ORE, FLA, AUB, BOISE
AW: BC, PSU, MN, TT, UCLA, GT, MSU, FIU, ALA, ARMY
GR: NEB(W), MN, UCLA, MSU, ALA, PITT, UTAH, LSU, MIA, STAN
MH: IND, PSU, MN, MICH, ALA, AZ, UTAH, LSU, NW, STAN
MC: MDTN(L), OHIO, AF, FIU, KENT, TULANE, LT, ARKST, UTEP, FRESNO
SS: NEB(W), PSU, VT, UCLA, MICH, SC, ND, OREST, MIA, STAN
RO: PSU, MN, VIR, ARK, ALA, ND, BYU, MIZZ, ARKST, SOMISS

JR: BUF, TB, HOU, ATL, NO
JG: TB, GB, DEN, NO, MIN
MR: BUF, CIN, DET, TEN, SD
AW: JAC, GB, ATL, SD, MIN
GR: JAC, KC, WAS, HOU, ATL
MH: GB, DET, HOU, ATL, MIN
MC: GB, STL, ATL, NO, SD
SS: JAC, ATL, NO, SD, MIN
RO: GB, ATL, NO, DAL, SD

One note - ROB didn't make his picks this week because he had a new baby girl, so his brother is pinch-hitting. Congrats Rob! DVR some games to keep you busy for that 3am shift!

GOPHERS at BECKY (Tree in enemy forest)
I think the line is too high. As bad as we've played, I don't think you can expect to lose a rivalry game by 3 TD's. The team should continue to build on the minor improvements we saw last week and be able to score at least 3 times on this average WIS D. For the Becky, it's homecoming and they are coming off a bad L to Sparty. Their hopes and dreams of a National Title (haha!) are still hanging by a thread and they could be out for blood. But they likely know that a 55-7 beatdown of my squad could lead to us actually making a move and hiring a competent coach and become more of an actual "rival" in these rivalry games. I don't think they want this, so they toy with us and give up another patented Gopher cheapy at the end for a cover.

WIS 38 MIN 20


MOSS FEVER at Rex F*cking Ryan
Could ESPN have drawn this one up any better? Revis returns to face his rival #84, who is returning home to the Purple. Favre coming back to play the Jets. S.Holmes making his debut so Sancheese actually has a legit #1 WR. All the pieces are there for a great MNF experience...but I'm afraid it won't click this fast for the New Purple. 84 will probably get one TD, because that's what he does, but I think NYJ will come through at home. Although this one will be closer than the experts think (wink, wink).

NYJ 20 MIN 17

I'm absolutely in love with my NFL picks once again this week. I might have to change allegiance from my beloved NCAA Football to that of the NFL if this continues to be where the easy money is at.

Picks I LOVE this week in the NFL:
Obviously, my 5 from the top + KC covering 9, DEN covering 8, OAK covering 5.5, and SF getting a W and covering the -3.5

Love lots of DOGS this week - Aints and Falcons are best FAV plays out there.

But lock of the CENTURY for this week is BUF to win #1 hosting JAC. We have mixed action on it, but I am convinced that BUF will get it done at home.

I'll try and send off a pic or 2 from Madison, hopefully I return will full body function and a notch above Becky in the standings!! A guy can dream, right?!?

Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment