Monday, August 16, 2010

18 days and counting...

18 days until kickoff at 6:30 for our Golden Gophers. What does this mean...

Get your money in to play

I have been paid by 1/2 the field, with 5 outstanding...ROE, KOBOW, HEINERT, CORCORAN, ROB OLSON...the other 5 are in. Please get me cash if I'm going to be seeing you sometime soon (ROEJOE on Saturday) or send me a check in the mail. $60 pays for the whole season, $40 for regular and $20 for playoffs/bowls.


QUICK THOUGHTS

1. Ruling at the end of the PGA was dumb but technically correct. I guess I don't exactly play at the professional level, but what Johnson did gave him no advantage and changed nothing so I think it's stupid...but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I just hope much bigger tournaments like the ROEJOE aren't decided on such a technicality like this for the coming weekend.

2. Slowey - the outrage over this is ridiculous. I get it that throwing another 20 pitches probably won't ruin the guy's career like some have said. But honestly, I heard an angry guy last night saying that "Gardy ruined my son's chance to see a no-hitter and I can never forgive him for that." Really? Wow, stopping no-hitters as an unforgivable offense, that's a new one. The I flip on KFAN over lunch and the mindless baseball people they have on there are taking calls about how it was such an outrage. Has there ever been such an outrage over nothing?

3. I had a premonition last night around my favorite club...7-5. That's going to be my official prediction with details coming later this week in between brutally long projects I have to do for my job that actually pays me. It will happen, I'll explain how in my Gopher preview this week.

4. MLB Bets - so after going 3-10 over a 5 day period I was kind of done with MLB...but then I went 4-0 over the last 3 days and totally redeemed myself! There's only 2 real weeks left without football, so why not try to build the bankroll up a bit so I have more to play with when the fun stuff starts?!

5. Purple Pride - did you see that beat down...I didn't see much. So what did we learn, the Rams suck and that's about it. This was a not a shock. The preseason is the most worthless waste of time ever and I don't think I can watch it. Instead I spent most of my free moments (all 30 minutes of them) watching old NCAA games from last season where they actually had entertainment value. I've already heard the Sage love and T-Jack hate being thrown around, which is 100% insanity. T-Jack played 1 drive!! He did okay, end of story. Nothing can be gained from watching the preseason besides figuring out who is hurt and for how long. After having said that, I like the UNDER in the MNF game tonight (NYG-NYJ 33.5)

We're 2 weeks out - send me your money if you haven't already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment