Thursday, March 5, 2009

Who's coming with me?

It's official -

SPRING GAME - 4/25 (Saturday)
WHERE - ST. THOMAS (O'Shaughnessy Stadium)
WHEN: 1:30 pm
HOW MUCH: FREE!

Let's do it. It's also draft day, so could be a full day of fun.

Also, some huge news on the recruiting front - JIMMY GJERE (pronounced Jerry I believe) committed to Brew today. He's a MN kid who plays OL and already had an offer from the Buckeyes on his plate (for sure 4 star, possibly 5 star type kid). HUGE get for Brew - let's hope the other big fella at OL in the state of MN signs on as well. Seantrel was at the beat-down of Bucky last night w/Brew and others...let's hope he forgets about the temptation of playing in front of the Song Girls at USC and sticks around as well. With these 2 as our OT's for the next 3-4 years we could be very special.

How fun was it beating Bucky last night for a season sweep!!??!?! I loved it. Why does Bo Ryan always look angry? Is there a Badger you hate more than Krabbenhoft? What a tool - isn't he like 35 years old?!

I am actually kind of excited for the Gopher hockey games this weekend vs. Michigan Tech. After playing as badly as they have, can you believe they could still finish 3rd in the conference?!?! Does this shock anyone else as much as it did me? MTECH is awful, I think they have like 9 pts this year...so a 4 pt weekend should be expected. If Kangas can pull his head out and find the March magic again you never know what might happen.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - Ellie is heading down to Grandma's, so Anna and I will be partying all weekend...as much as a 8 1/2 month pregnant lady can party...so not at all. Well, I plan on having a couple at least.

We gotta close with a little something upbeat for Jimmy Gjere - woo-hoo!! It's a longish song, but an very under the radar classic from PJ.

Drifting, drifting, drifting away.
I got myself a mansion, then I gave it away.
It's not the world that's heavy, just the things that you save.
And I'm drifting, drifting away.

Drifting, drifting, drifting along.
I rid myself of worries, and the worries were gone.
I only run when I want to and I sleep like a dog.
I'm just drifting, drifting along.

The suitcoats say, "There is money to be made."
They get so damn excited, but I guess it's their way.
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away.

The suitcoats say, "There is money to be made."
They get so damn excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away.

Drifting, drifting, drifting, uh huh.
I feel like going back there, but never for long.
I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone.
I'm just drifting, drifting along.
Drifting, drifting along. Drifting, drifting along.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYAu5NM62c&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment